What's new

RT-AC5300 lack of updates

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anything at all about a new firmware patch/update. Hope some officials from ASUS reads this thread. Read the mesh thread about the latest beta...but that a month ago.
This is the top notch router and I'm a bit startled about the absence of updates.

Very frustrating, i'm extremely pissed off about that!

Anything at all about a new firmware patch/update. Hope some officials from ASUS reads this thread. Read the mesh thread about the latest beta...but that a month ago.
This is the top notch router and I'm a bit startled about the absence of updates.

Very frustrating, i'm extremely pissed off about that!

I wonder what ASUS are playing at , looks like this router may well disappear.

If you visit the UK ASUS webpages the RT-AC5300 is NOT offered as a current model, it only appears if you search for it, the current model offered is the GT5300.

ASUS always seek 5 star praise and ask you to " Inspire us" yet they produce premium products then stop supporting them within a very short time.

I have an ASUS Zenfone2 , top model with a 3 year warranty , after less than 18 months ownership all development stopped, still stuck on Android 6.1 and zero security updates for over 9 months. This phone is still being offered for sale on many sites.

The latest Zenfone offered in the UK is on sale @ £900 , would you risk spending that only for support to vanish in less than 2 years?

I have seen the same happen with notebooks and graphics cards.

Not sure I will buy into any more of their products, when my AC3200 needs replacing I will look elsewhere first.

I wonder what ASUS are playing at , looks like this router may well disappear.

If you visit the UK ASUS webpages the RT-AC5300 is NOT offered as a current model, it only appears if you search for it, the current model offered is the GT5300.

ASUS always seek 5 star praise and ask you to " Inspire us" yet they produce premium products then stop supporting them within a very short time.

I have an ASUS Zenfone2 , top model with a 3 year warranty , after less than 18 months ownership all development stopped, still stuck on Android 6.1 and zero security updates for over 9 months. This phone is still being offered for sale on many sites.

The latest Zenfone offered in the UK is on sale @ £900 , would you risk spending that only for support to vanish in less than 2 years?

I have seen the same happen with notebooks and graphics cards.

Not sure I will buy into any more of their products, when my AC3200 needs replacing I will look elsewhere first.

Thank you @AndreiV for hitting the nail on the head. It's all about the number of sales. Asus brought out a white elephant router (5300) that is over priced; hence not many people bought it. They are not going to spend money on a router that is not selling (compared to the 86 for example). We may see one more firmware upgrade before Asus lets it die.
I, however, have found a new use for my 5300.

Attachments

• RT-AC5300.png
    RT-AC5300.png
    358.7 KB · Views: 671
Yes, i agree with you on what you wrote in your post :)

But, the mesh fw is exactly what the next official release will be (382) , i dont use mesh myself and you dont have to, the rest of the new fw
is more stabel than the current official release and a lot of new features :)

At the moment i am very please with my rt-ac5300 :)

BTW, to get the socks dry, do you need to up the power to full ? LOL

What are the new features that are present in this firmware? also have you tried alexa or ifttt? does it work?

But, the mesh fw is exactly what the next official release will be (382) , i dont use mesh myself and you dont have to, the rest of the new fw

Since the FCC ruling, it now takes twice as long to get the socks dry. :p

So...im let down again...today the new software where launched for AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007
...Yihaa I thought then I saw the list of supported routers and eh not GT-AC5300. I got a router for a bunch of money and it was sold as the future of routers...THIS IS A FAT JOKE ASUS!!!!!!!!

So...im let down again...today the new software where launched for AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007
...Yihaa I thought then I saw the list of supported routers and eh not GT-AC5300. I got a router for a bunch of money and it was sold as the future of routers...THIS IS A FAT JOKE ASUS!!!!!!!!
Don't blame ASUS or any other company for your gullibility.

There is no end-all-be-all product in the Wi-Fi world. However, it's the job of a company's marketing team to make you think so. It's your job to be an informed consumer and not fall for the bait.

Production firmware for the GT-AC5300 should be out in the next few days from what I'd read before. Be patient as I'm sure they've got tons going on, especially with CES coming up.

Don't blame ASUS or any other company for your gullibility.

There is no end-all-be-all product in the Wi-Fi world. However, it's the job of a company's marketing team to make you think so. It's your job to be an informed consumer and not fall for the bait.
With costumers like you we wouldnt have anything called laws concering misleading marketing and product liability.

The three bands of the RT-AC5300/GT-AC5300 introduces additional technical challenges. Asus already said they were working on bugs specific to these three bands models. Software development is what it is. If something doesn't work properly, then you will need time to track down and address the issue. There's no quick solution - software debugging takes time, and it's not always possible to predict how long it can take to track down and resolve a specific problem.

RMerlin u should be hired by Asus. I've had ur firmware on my AC66U and even though it hasnt been flawless you answer quickly and releases patches and new features.
It has been over 4.5 month since any stable firmware came for GT-AC5300...and there a bugs and stuff so its not strange that people with higher demandes react to this kind of behavoir.

Hi,
Im running the latest beta firmware and Ive experienced disconnections on wifi. Especially on my 5 GHz band. Clients we use are Samsung Galaxy S7s and MacbookAir. I can connect the devices first time then for some reason the day after when Im trying again the devices cant even find the network...this is very fustrating. Have u exp the same and if so any quick fix available? Im using hidden SSIDs. Maybe visible is more stable.
Found this little advice given from RMerlin but havent tried it yet. U have to logon using SSH/Telnet by the way ;)

Code:
nvram set wl0_reg_mode=h
nvram set wl1_reg_mode=h
nvram commit
reboot

Regards
Dive

Hi,
Im running the latest beta firmware and Ive experienced disconnections on wifi. Especially on my 5 GHz band. Clients we use are Samsung Galaxy S7s and MacbookAir. I can connect the devices first time then for some reason the day after when Im trying again the devices cant even find the network...this is very fustrating. Have u exp the same and if so any quick fix available? Im using hidden SSIDs. Maybe visible is more stable.
Found this little advice given from RMerlin but havent tried it yet. U have to logon using SSH/Telnet by the way ;)

Code:
nvram set wl0_reg_mode=h
nvram set wl1_reg_mode=h
nvram commit
reboot

Regards
Dive
I did some test on my AC5300 and found out that its already changed maybe this is standard from start now. So im stuick with these strange Wifi connections problems :(

Try disabling MU-MIMO, Implicit Beamforming and Airtime Fairness. These are the most common cause of wifi instability.

For all the people with an RT-AC5300 have your tried merlin firmware.
Also at least asus is trying to fix the issues unlike the netgear experince i had and that was horrid.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online