What's new

RT-AC5300 lack of updates

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi,
Im running the latest beta firmware and Ive experienced disconnections on wifi. Especially on my 5 GHz band. Clients we use are Samsung Galaxy S7s and MacbookAir. I can connect the devices first time then for some reason the day after when Im trying again the devices cant even find the network...this is very fustrating. Have u exp the same and if so any quick fix available? Im using hidden SSIDs. Maybe visible is more stable.
Found this little advice given from RMerlin but havent tried it yet. U have to logon using SSH/Telnet by the way ;)

Code:
nvram set wl0_reg_mode=h
nvram set wl1_reg_mode=h
nvram commit
reboot

Regards
Dive

Just as info I changed all my devices to connect to the higher RF band with channels 100-112 and the problem is gone ;)

Just as info I changed all my devices to connect to the higher RF band with channels 100-112 and the problem is gone ;)

Seems as though AiMesh uses the lower 5Ghz channel for the wireless backhaul between nodes, which could’ve caused the disconnects? Know I saw the node using only 20Mhz of the 80MHz allotted (router using all 80), so figured I’d just stay off that for now. Glad it’s working well for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea when can we expect the final Aimesh FW for the RT-AC5300? It has been 2 weeks since the official release for all the other models, thanks

What do you mean by implicit beamforming? I only have 802.11ac Beamforming and Universal Beamforming, thanks

What do you mean by implicit beamforming? I only have 802.11ac Beamforming and Universal Beamforming, thanks

Implicit = Universal. Asus just names it differently based on firmware version/band.

Thanks, that means I should keep 802.11ac Beamforming?

That one is usually fine, yes, as it's specifically requires both ends to officially support it, while Universal is kinda "Try to use it even if the other end doesn't support it".

If there are still issues, then try also disabling that one.

That one is usually fine, yes, as it's specifically requires both ends to officially support it, while Universal is kinda "Try to use it even if the other end doesn't support it".

If there are still issues, then try also disabling that one.
Thank you, I have also disabled Airtime Fairness and Multi-User MIMO. I am just disabling this for now while I am using the December Beta for AiMesh with my RT-AC5300, I will re-enable them once the final version will be available.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!