What's new

RT-AC5300 Performance & Security Guide

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Was This Guide Helpful To You

• Yes

Votes: 36 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Would you consider adding the following DNSCrypt installer to the guide? It seems like it would be a decent addition for privacy?

https://github.com/thuantran/dnscrypt-asuswrt-installer

Hey j0shimi,

I thought about it, but it seem's everyone is moving toward's DoH and DoT (DNS over HTTPS and DNS over TLS). However, I don't mind including a section for it, since it seems to have interest in it.

I'll also be adding a Ai-mesh section after buying my 2nd unit to test the connectivity and reliability

Hey j0shimi,

I thought about it, but it seem's everyone is moving toward's DoH and DoT (DNS over HTTPS and DNS over TLS). However, I don't mind including a section for it, since it seems to have interest in it.

I'll also be adding a Ai-mesh section after buying my 2nd unit to test the connectivity and reliability
Great stuff, any chance you could link me to how to set up DoH and DoT via merlin correctly?

Would I also need to reinstall the likes of diversion after changing DNS and DNS services such as these?

Great stuff, any chance you could link me to how to set up DoH and DoT via merlin correctly?

Would I also need to reinstall the likes of diversion after changing DNS and DNS services such as these?
DoT has been integrated in the firmware by Rmerlin, and can be configured via the WAN settings page. DoH is used via dnscrytpt script alongside dnscrytpt, so if you're familiar with that script then all you would need to do is choose DoH instead of dnscrytpt server's. You'll be able to spot the difference between dnscrytpt via v1 and v2 titles and DoH via a DoH tag.

No, diversion should be fine, If you change your LAN DNS to something other than the router, I believe it bypasses the diversion ad-blocking

Best,
Davi

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Hello can you show me your smar connections Rules, and if i wanna lets say limit the 2.4 ghz, how do i do it

Hello can you show me your smar connections Rules, and if i wanna lets say limit the 2.4 ghz, how do i do it

Please do not post your questions on multiple threads as it creates confusion. There have been a lot of discussions in the forums regarding Smart Connect settings. Try searching by typing “smart connect” and see what you get.

Some really good posts by@JDB on this topic come to mind but there may be others.

Continue to check the thread you started to see if anyone responds.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excuse me, you say for the Phy Rate you adjust for your bandwidth. Is the Greater one with the >500 ok if I have 100 mbps download? That is the default option on the website

Is this thread still up to date ?

See the first post. It was updated on April 1, 2019. :(

i have ipv6 disable in the basic config
in the firewall config is ipv4 enable firewall yes
in the firewall config Enable IPv6 Firewall yes is this good ?
i have no ipv6

Screenshot_2021-02-12 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC88U - General.png

Would be nice if this Thread/Tweaks get updated especially for wireless optimations.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!