What's new

[RT-AC56U] Can't change directory in Download Master

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kushwavez

New Around Here
Hello everyone!

Download Master ver.: 3.1.0.105
FW ver.: 384.6
EXT4 formatted 1 TB USB 3.0 drive

The problem is I can't change the Download directory from "tmp/mnt/sda1" to a new folder or an existing folder. I can't select anything rather than sda1, there is no other folders even if I create a new one (there are Files folder already with downloads in it, I created a folder called "ezt_hoztam_letre").

with torrents it's okay, I'm able to manage files using SMB/FTP because the files are in a folder called "Download2" and I can just share that, but with HTTP files I can't do anything, all the files are downloading to the root directory of my external drive, and I just can't manage them from SMB/FTP. The only way I can access them is from SSH. So I have to manually move these files from root to my shared "Files" directory over SSH after every downloads. This is very annoying and dumb.

I tried to modify the config files ("tmp/mnt/sda1/asusware.arm/etc/dm2_general.conf, etc") manually over SSH, but they just reverting back to the original even if I make them read-only.

There is a picture what I see in SSH, there is the "ezt_hoztam_letre" folder but It's just empty and can't download files to that folder.
K-perny-fot-2019-09-25-17-17-56.png

And there is what I see in Download Master directory choose:
K-perny-fot-2019-09-25-17-13-08.png

Is there any way to modify the directory?
If not, then is there any alternate downloader for HTTP/Torrent?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I ended up installing pyLoad for HTTP downloads and Transmission for Torrent downloads. But if anyone have any idea for ASUS Download Master I'm looking forward for testing it.

Last edited:
Dont know if I understand correctly, but use folders instead of root directory could help. Root can only be accessed w/o access control (anonymous).
Wait for others to answer ;)

Last edited:
Dont know if I understand correctly, but use folders instead of root directory could help. Root can only be accessed w/o access control.
Wait for others to answer ;)
The problem is I can't change it from root. It can't see the other folders inside sda1

Hi, I have a same problem on AC66U_B1
Have you found solution?

FW ver.: 384.13

Hello everyone!

FW ver.: 384.6
EXT4 formatted 1 TB USB 3.0 drive

The problem is I can't change the Download directory from "tmp/mnt/sda1" to a new folder or an existing folder. I can't select anything rather than sda1, there is no other folders even if I create a new one (there are Files folder already with downloads in it, I created a folder called "ezt_hoztam_letre").

with torrents it's okay, I'm able to manage files using SMB/FTP because the files are in a folder called "Download2" and I can just share that, but with HTTP files I can't do anything, all the files are downloading to the root directory of my external drive, and I just can't manage them from SMB/FTP. The only way I can access them is from SSH. So I have to manually move these files from root to my shared "Files" directory over SSH after every downloads. This is very annoying and dumb.

I tried to modify the config files ("tmp/mnt/sda1/asusware.arm/etc/dm2_general.conf, etc") manually over SSH, but they just reverting back to the original even if I make them read-only.

There is a picture what I see in SSH, there is the "ezt_hoztam_letre" folder but It's just empty and can't download files to that folder.
K-perny-fot-2019-09-25-17-17-56.png

And there is what I see in Download Master directory choose:
K-perny-fot-2019-09-25-17-13-08.png

Is there any way to modify the directory?
If not, then is there any alternate downloader for HTTP/Torrent?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I ended up installing pyLoad for HTTP downloads and Transmission for Torrent downloads. But if anyone have any idea for ASUS Download Master I'm looking forward for testing it.
here is what i did with mine
upload_2019-12-14_5-24-41.png

I have mine storing fine and persistant.
upload_2019-12-14_5-38-40.png

The difference between mine and yours is I labeled my drives.

I have it pointed at a specific partition. DLMaster keeps folders inside which partition you select. The download screen is not meant to go past root directory of the partition unless you add a folder, but even that doesn't work. I chose just to use a partition

Last edited:
Hi,

I was struggling with the same issue for a day, I tried everything you mentioned before, without a success. Today I was thinking what if I try and write the path manually into the download field on the settings page, after removing the readonly flag from the html source of the page, it let me enter the path manually, and it work like a charm!

If you don't know what to do, just follow these simple steps:
1. Open the general settings page of the Download master with Chrome
2. Select the desired drive for "Download to" option (you can only choose the drive when you press the browse button)
3. Right click on the field which contains the path, then hit "Inspect"
4. Double click the readonly part in the source code to enter edit mode, then delete readonly="readonly", and hit enter to confirm the changes
5. Now click in the path field, and fill it out with your desired path:
ex: /tmp/mnt/sda2/Complete2/Download
6. Hit Apply, and you're done!

There are some images to help you if something is not clear enough!
upload_2020-1-11_14-42-54.png

upload_2020-1-11_14-44-26.png

upload_2020-1-11_14-47-16.png

Hi,

I was struggling with the same issue for a day, I tried everything you mentioned before, without a success. Today I was thinking what if I try and write the path manually into the download field on the settings page, after removing the readonly flag from the html source of the page, it let me enter the path manually, and it work like a charm!

2. Select the desired drive for "Download to" option (you can only choose the drive when you press the browse button)
4. Double click the readonly part in the source code to enter edit mode, then delete readonly="readonly", and hit enter to confirm the changes

View attachment 20819
View attachment 20820
View attachment 20821
See if it remains consistently there after reboots and updates,etc.

Hi,

View attachment 20819
View attachment 20820
View attachment 20821
Thank you for the tip. I tried it and it worked the first time!

But when I was adding a different torrent, I tried to change the destination directory using the same "inspect and change readonly flag" method, but it did not accept it and defaulted back to /download2/complete

Wonder why it worked only once. But I think you're onto something here.

Thank you for the tip. I tried it and it worked the first time!

But when I was adding a different torrent, I tried to change the destination directory using the same "inspect and change readonly flag" method, but it did not accept it and defaulted back to /download2/complete

Wonder why it worked only once. But I think you're onto something here.
Probably the new folder you choose was nonexistent. It won't create the path for you, you must create the directories first, then set it as download directory!

Probably the new folder you choose was nonexistent. It won't create the path for you, you must create the directories first, then set it as download directory!
I thought so as well.

But even when I create the new directories using the ASUS Web UI or just using my PC, it only accepts the change once. If I try to change it back to previously used folder, the Download Master defaults back to the Download2/Complete folder and doesn't budge afterwards, no matter how many times I try. But if i create another directory and point it towards the new one, it accepts the change once. However, if I change it from that directory ro anything else, it wont allow me to go back to it later, and defaults back to the Download2 directory.

Wierd. I've been scratching my head trying to figure this out... but no joy. Maybe there's a flag that can be raised only once per directory (except the Download2 dir). Who knows?

Hi,

View attachment 20819
View attachment 20820
View attachment 20821

Thanks... It works like a charm!!
I waste hours trying to solve it after a factory reset and I haven't found any solution.
:)

Hi,

This is a legendary hack.. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Same here :-(
The browser unlock didn't worked for me either, but here is what did.

The Download path is saved in the file
/tmp/mnt/.../Download2/config/settings.json
as
"download-dir": "/tmp/mnt/.../Download2/Complete",

When the path is changed in the dialog, it might not be saved in the setting file.

Here is what worked for me:
1: Change the download path as normal in the settings.
2: Disable the Download Master from the router setting
3: Check the file for the correct setting and possible change it.
4: Enable the Download Master from the router setting
5: Check the download path in the Download Master settings.

Last edited:
I’ve always had the download location to my preferred location but recently i think there may have an update which set it back to default and now i cant change it back. I’ve tried the methods on here but they haven’t worked for me. Is there anything else i can do?