What's new

Rt-ac66r won't power on.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pierino

Very Senior Member
My rt-ac66r won't power on. No lights at all, I even tried a different power adapter. Is there anything I can try? I've opened it up but I don't see anything amiss.

My rt-ac66r won't power on. No lights at all, I even tried a different power adapter. Is there anything I can try? I've opened it up but I don't see anything amiss.

If even a different power adapter won't work then either the power connector is loose, the power switch is busted, or the router itself is fried.

I assume you already ruled out a problem with the power bar or whichever outlet you are plugging it in? (don't laugh, I've had a case once where the issue was the power bar itself).

Asus usually offers two years warranty on their routers, so if the reseller won't honor the warranty, you will have to contact Asus about it (or contact Asusnet here on the forums if you live in the US, he might be able to help you as well).

Hmm,
There ought to be some Pico fuse. No multi meter handy?

I have a multi meter. Don't know what a pico fuse is though.

Last edited:
Hi,
They're few different shapes. I am unable to describe how it looks. They are usually near
the voltage regulator or power connector. SMT boards use this fuses. Googling may show some pictures of them. Good luck.

I did google them. I will look at the router this afternoon. Thank you.

I would like to thank Asus and Asusnet for taking care of me. I sent in the router last week and just received it back in working order.
Great company to deal with, unlike another that has never helped me, which has horrible customer support and shall remain nameless (name rhymes with netbeer).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!