What's new

RT-AC66U dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ftab4me

New Around Here
Hello all,

Hopefully someone can help me. I receive the following messages several times a day in my log file.

Mar 20 14:53:16 dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable
Mar 20 14:53:26 dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable
Mar 20 14:53:36 dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable
Mar 20 14:53:46 dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable

These messages go for quite some time.

Mar 20 15:15:41 dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable
Mar 20 15:15:51 dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable
Mar 20 15:16:01 dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable
Mar 20 15:16:11 dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable

This is happening with both 380.65 and 380.65. While this is logging, I get reach the router but not the internet. Soon after it stops, I can once again reach the internet.

Does anyone know what causes this? Any way to disable it?

Thanks for looking

This is going to be a tough one to track down.....the msg is generated by a generic send msg routine.
But since you say you lose internet access, I think this may be a symptom and not the cause. Is there anything logged in the modem logs? What DNS servers are you using? You might also try a different set of servers.

This is going to be a tough one to track down.....the msg is generated by a generic send msg routine.
But since you say you lose internet access, I think this may be a symptom and not the cause. Is there anything logged in the modem logs? What DNS servers are you using? You might also try a different set of servers.

Thank you for the reply. Their is nothing in the modem logs. This started about 3 days ago when it warmed up. I have ordered a cooling pad which will be here next week. I am using my ISP's DNS servers. I even reset the router to factory and used the default firmware and once again the problem occured again.

When I get the cooling pad I will hook the router back up and use Google's DNS servers.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!