Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC66U dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by ftab4me, Mar 20, 2017.

1. ftab4me

ftab4me New Around Here

Hello all,

Hopefully someone can help me. I receive the following messages several times a day in my log file.

Mar 20 14:53:16 dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable
    Mar 20 14:53:26 dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable
    Mar 20 14:53:36 dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable
    Mar 20 14:53:46 dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable

These messages go for quite some time.

Mar 20 15:15:41 dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable
    Mar 20 15:15:51 dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable
    Mar 20 15:16:01 dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable
    Mar 20 15:16:11 dnsmasq[243]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable

This is happening with both 380.65 and 380.65. While this is logging, I get reach the router but not the internet. Soon after it stops, I can once again reach the internet.

Does anyone know what causes this? Any way to disable it?

Thanks for looking

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. ftab4me

ftab4me New Around Here

Hopefully rmerlin can chime in here.

4. john9527

john9527 Part of the Furniture

This is going to be a tough one to track down.....the msg is generated by a generic send msg routine.
    But since you say you lose internet access, I think this may be a symptom and not the cause. Is there anything logged in the modem logs? What DNS servers are you using? You might also try a different set of servers.

5. ftab4me

ftab4me New Around Here

Thank you for the reply. Their is nothing in the modem logs. This started about 3 days ago when it warmed up. I have ordered a cooling pad which will be here next week. I am using my ISP's DNS servers. I even reset the router to factory and used the default firmware and once again the problem occured again.

When I get the cooling pad I will hook the router back up and use Google's DNS servers.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!