What's new

RT-AC68U -3.0.0.4.374.291 available!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Try first mounting the disk on the mac, can you write a file to it??

It shouldn't matter if the disk is is HFS+ or something else.

TImemachine should be able to mount the disk via SMB or AFP.

Try formatting the disk in Mac format first, see if that helps.

Got it working. I reformatted the HD as mac journal and now time machine can write to the drive. This time machine capability is indeed a nice addition to this router.

Thanks RMerlin and vdemarco

Any feedback on the stability and general operation of this router? I'm considering this or the Apple Airport Extreme. I need to forward a dozen ports, and assign a few manual ips, but it normal usage other than that. I have a managed switch that does the heavy lifting for routing, LAG bonding, etc.

The AC and N wireless performance of this router would be of particular interest to me.

Thanks!

Mike

Any feedback on the stability and general operation of this router? I'm considering this or the Apple Airport Extreme. I need to forward a dozen ports, and assign a few manual ips, but it normal usage other than that. I have a managed switch that does the heavy lifting for routing, LAG bonding, etc.

The AC and N wireless performance of this router would be of particular interest to me.

Thanks!

Mike

well ,the hard parts are excellent,but firmware wise ,it's a mess
I'm sure that they'll straighten it out though

Really? I have two running one as router and one as media server. Some small glitches and known problems . No stability issues since update two days ago. Just waiting for Merlin's version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I have no issues as far as stability. When I tried to setup the vpn client after entering details and uploading the config I couldnt access the router anymore. I was still connected to it, and internet was working but I couldnt access the settings anymore. I had to factory reset to get it back.

their should be a warning on the box
"warning,firmware isn't stable out of box.Must wait 6 months for asus
to figure out bugs and stabilize"

2.4 speed slow down

My 2.4 speeds degrade while 5ghz stay perfect on 205 & 291 fw.
Not sure what the issue is at this time.

Anyone else have the issue where you Check Version and you get "The router's current firmware is the latest version."?

I'm on 205 and it's not seeing 291. I know I can update manually, I'd just like to know why 1-click updating doesn't work. Same issue happened with updating the out-of-box firmware to 205. I have the ac68R.

Anyone else have the issue where you Check Version and you get "The router's current firmware is the latest version."?

I'm on 205 and it's not seeing 291. I know I can update manually, I'd just like to know why 1-click updating doesn't work. Same issue happened with updating the out-of-box firmware to 205. I have the ac68R.

Yep. I got that with .217. Had to go download .291 to get it.

their should be a warning on the box
"warning,firmware isn't stable out of box.Must wait 6 months for asus
to figure out bugs and stabilize"

Everything I use on ac68u is 100% stable and performance is superior to my previous router. Not sure why they would want to put a false warning label on the router.

I've had this happen twice in two days:
When in Stealth mode (LED off), the router loses Internet connection and the admin web interface goes down. When this occurs, the 2.4GHz, 5GHz & Power LEDs turn on by themselves but the Stealth button becomes unresponsive until power cycle.

Everything I use on ac68u is 100% stable and performance is superior to my previous router. Not sure why they would want to put a false warning label on the router.

just because your router is perfect and honky dory
80% of the other routers are flaky
go ahead and update to 291 and see what happens

just because your router is perfect and honky dory
80% of the other routers are flaky
go ahead and update to 291 and see what happens

I am anxiously waiting to purchase the 68U but all these issues AND the fact that no one has any stock left has me holding my powder. There must be a reason Asus has not re-stocked their suppliers. It may just be a cautious decision until the software bugs are worked out, but I now have my suspicions. I really don't want another Netgear.

well they seem to be releasing FW updates extremely fast considering someone just posted a .306 update that has been released. I'm not to worried about where this router will be in the next few weeks, if everything wasn't fixed fixed already in .306 (assuming it won't be, although I don't have any problems to date).

edit: found the FW under the vista 32 bit on the asus site.

Last edited:
I am anxiously waiting to purchase the 68U but all these issues AND the fact that no one has any stock left has me holding my powder. There must be a reason Asus has not re-stocked their suppliers. It may just be a cautious decision until the software bugs are worked out, but I now have my suspicions. I really don't want another Netgear.

It is weird that after a couple days of selling them that Newegg now lists it as a "pre-order" for 11/11/13 arrival and Amazon lists it as out of stock (only some 3rd party reseller on Amazon actually has them and he's trying to get $279..good luck!).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!