What's new

RT-AC68U -3.0.0.4.374.291 available!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

greggy101

Regular Contributor
RT-AC68U -3.0.0.4.374.291 available at the main Asus download site :)

Added:
1. Added Apple time machine feature in USB application.
2. Both NTFS and HFS+ format HDD are supported.
3. Added OpenVPN server.
4. Added OpenVPN/ PPTP/L2TP client.
5. Some devices like set top box, smart TV or Blu-ray player are not able to establish VPN connection. VPN client in router can help these devices to connect to VPN server.
6. Supported HFS+ format HDD
7. Added 2.4GHz beamforming option in advanced settings —> wireless —>professional
8. Added roaming assistant: allow to set the minimum RSSI to disconnect clients and let clients reconnect to Ap with better signal.

Modified:
1. Enhanced FAT32 read/write speed

Fixed:
1. Adjusted 2.4GHz power saving algorithm to fix slow wireless in some special scenarios.
2. Fixed ASMedia 1053E USB 3.0 controller compatibility issue.
3. Fixed IPv6 related issues
4. Fixed quick internet setup UI issues when setup the router by wireless client.
5. Fixed WPS push button related issues.
6. Fixed the security related issues for httpd.

Getting ready to grab this router....... hopefully some reports on this latest f/w will show great performance.

I think this is the first router having stock FW supports VPN client?

The Netgear R7000 also has OpenVPN built in. There may be others, too, not sure.

if I have the right memory, R7000 only has VPN server. I had R7000 for 2-3days.

Yes, sorry, I thought you meant server...read your post a little too fast *smile*.

Woo Hoo!

Fix'n to download. I've been waiting for this to come out. I thought I found it first, until I found this thread... Dang!:D

Totally stoked to download and play. Looks like I'll be up late tonight.

Please post your feedback regarding the Time Machine support, and also Asus's OpenVPN implementation. It is somewhat an hybrid between mine and their own, which means I will have to take some design decisions when comes the time to merge the new code. There are things I prefer in mine, but there are some changes that they did which I like.

Please post your feedback regarding the Time Machine support, and also Asus's OpenVPN implementation. It is somewhat an hybrid between mine and their own, which means I will have to take some design decisions when comes the time to merge the new code. There are things I prefer in mine, but there are some changes that they did which I like.

hi, how do i set this up? i have two file one is ca cert and the other is filename.opvn but the router only let you choose one file opvn and it say my file is invalid.

lol, your internet connection speed is toooo fast. jk

I wish that were so. Unfortunately, my misreading says more about me than my ISP *smile*.

hi, how do i set this up? i have two file one is ca cert and the other is filename.opvn but the router only let you choose one file opvn and it say my file is invalid.

I am also facing the same question here. My vpn provider (IPVanish) only gives me a ca file and a .ovpn file. I can see the router generates the same file if you configure the vpn server to act as OpenVPN server, and this one does include the ca file embbeded but also has a cert and private rsa key on it. I am completely stuck here! Please help

Oct 25 23:17:25 disk monitor: be idle
Oct 25 23:17:47 rc_service: httpd 484:notify_rc reboot
Oct 25 23:17:47 stop_wan(): perform DHCP release
Oct 25 23:17:47 kernel: Attempt to kill tasklet from interrupt
Oct 25 23:17:47 stop_wan(): perform DHCP release
Oct 25 23:17:47 FTP Server: daemon is stoped
Oct 25 23:17:47 Samba Server: smb daemon is stoped
Oct 25 23:17:48 kernel: gro disabled
Oct 25 23:17:49 WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.
Oct 25 23:17:49 stop_nat_rules: apply the redirect_rules!
Oct 25 23:17:49 Timemachine: daemon is stoped
Oct 25 23:17:49 WEBDAV Server: daemon is stoped
Oct 25 23:17:50 miniupnpd[601]: ioctl(s, SIOCGIFADDR, ...): Cannot assign requested address

what i did,
0. upgrade firmware to 291
1. Factory Reset
2. plug my computer into port #1
3. plug modem cable into wan
4. connect 'router.asus.com', and goto 'lan'.
5. check "HW acc is on"
6. goto wan, and make 5001 port foward to my computer.
7. check wan ip.
8. turn two cmd console in my computer
9. "iperf -s" first console window, and..
10. "iperf -cwanip" second console windows. you maybe know iperf. :)
11. iperf don't go. router goes down. :( can't connect 'router.asus.com', and can't connect internet site like google.
12. terminate iperf windows. turn off router, and turn on.
13. i can connect 'router.asus.com', and check log. that's log above.
14. and if i try iperf nat loopbak, router go down again.
15. if 'hw acc is off', everything go well. iperf test is good (around 250mbps),
router don't go down.

"daemon is stoped".... why daemon is stoped?

sorry for english. :)

Could not get the Time Machine to work. Mavericks' Time Machine can connect to drive but produces error when starting to write data. WD elements 1Tb connected to USB3 port.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4

Could not get the Time Machine to work. Mavericks' Time Machine can connect to drive but produces error when starting to write data. WD elements 1Tb connected to USB3 port.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4

Whats the error, Start up the Console application and there should be some time machine related errors.

Whats the error, Start up the Console application and there should be some time machine related errors.

The error is:
The backup disk image “/Volumes/Backups.backupdb/XXXX’s Mac Pro.sparsebundle” could not be created (error (null)).

Same error happened when connected to the other USB port.

Try formatting the disk in Mac format first, see if that helps.

The error is:
The backup disk image “/Volumes/Backups.backupdb/XXXX’s Mac Pro.sparsebundle” could not be created (error (null)).

Same error happened when connected to the other USB port.

Try first mounting the disk on the mac, can you write a file to it??

It shouldn't matter if the disk is is HFS+ or something else.

TImemachine should be able to mount the disk via SMB or AFP.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!