What's new

RT-AC68U - DDNS Error - Don't update (384.8_2)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rafael Vargas

New Around Here
Hi,

Merry Xmas for all and happy new year.

I update my RT-AC68U for 384.8_2.

After update my DDNS service don't work more...

My config, I use Load Balance mode with two internet links.

upload_2018-12-28_13-36-13.png

LOG:
upload_2018-12-28_13-32-5.png

My DDNS (DynDNS VIP) service is old and always worked, after this update it stopped working.
upload_2018-12-28_13-31-15.png

I test with no-ip, asusddns and I have similar error.

Thanks for help.
Rafael

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-28_13-33-30.png
    upload_2018-12-28_13-33-30.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 488
The fact the you get the same error with asus’ excellent DDNS service is significant.

Which firmware did you update from?

Sorry: I meant before you updated to 384.8_2, which firmware were you running on the router?

It may be that you need to reset to factory default settings and then manually input all your personal settings.

Can you remember when you last carried out a reset to factory default settings, i.e. which firmware version was installed when you did the reset?

Almost certainly a factory reset will fix it, but there might be a simpler way, which more experienced users will suggest.. However, if you don’t remember doing a factory reset then you should do it to avoid other problems.

I’m not sure but I think there might have been a mandatory factory reset between your old and new firmwares, but I haven’t found it yet in the changelogs)

Last edited:
It may be that you need to reset to factory default settings and then manually input all your personal settings.

Can you remember when you last carried out a reset to factory default settings, i.e. which firmware version was installed when you did the reset?

Almost certainly a factory reset will fix it, but there might be a simpler way, which more experienced users will suggest.. However, if you don’t remember doing a factory reset then you should do it to avoid other problems.

I’m not sure but I think there might have been a mandatory factory reset between your old and new firmwares, but I haven’t found it yet in the changelogs)

I'll try! Thanks!

All those PADO errors indicate that your Internet connection is not working correctly.....

Hey man!!! WORKS!!!!!!!! Thanks alot!!!
Excellent. That didn’t take you long! Thanks for the feedback; it’s good to know when a suggestion has worked. (Don’t be afraid to use the Asus DDNS system if you ever decide to change to a different one: it is totally reliable and simplicity itself to set up.)