What's new

rt-ac68u nvram running low how to reset and steps after reset to configure

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gio3535

New Around Here
asus rt-ac68u just updated to latest firmware 386.9 getting message low nvram. after doing the reset what are the steps to reinstall latest firmware and reconfigure settings. please give details.
thank you , gio

Now that you did the reset is the warning gone? What is the NVRAM usage half way down the TOOLS SYSINFO page? I just did the same upgrade and got the same warning as you.

asus rt-ac68u just updated to latest firmware 386.9 getting message low nvram. after doing the reset what are the steps to reinstall latest firmware and reconfigure settings. please give details.
thank you , gio
If you do a factory reset and initialize you will be on the same firmware. Just manually configure the router and you should be good to go.

the warning is gone yes. but the nvram is still the same as before so i believe it still needs to be cleared ?

Now that you did the reset is the warning gone? What is the NVRAM usage half way down the TOOLS SYSINFO page? I just did the same upgrade and got the same warning as you.
the warning is gone yes. but the nvram is still the same as before so i believe it still needs to be cleared ?

after doing the reset
Did you do a hard factory reset?

Did you reconfigure the router from scratch after doing a hard factory reset? Don't have a USB hard drive attached to the router when doing a hard factory reset, don't upload/import an exported router configuration file after doing a hard factory reset.

If you are still having high NVRAM usage after a hard reset then there may be some suggestions in the following thread that may (or may not) help:

Did you do a hard factory reset?

Did you reconfigure the router from scratch after doing a hard factory reset? Don't have a USB hard drive attached to the router when doing a hard factory reset, don't upload/import an exported router configuration file after doing a hard factory reset.

If you are still having high NVRAM usage after a hard reset then there may be some suggestions in the following thread that may (or may not) help:
yes i done a hard factory reset . i do not have anything plugged in to router. i disconnected all the cables . when i plugged everything back in and checked router no warning came up , but i checked nvram and it showed same amount as before doing the hard factory reset.

yes i done a hard factory reset . i do not have anything plugged in to router. i disconnected all the cables . when i plugged everything back in and checked router no warning came up , but i checked nvram and it showed same amount as before doing the hard factory reset.