What's new

RT-AC68U / RT-AC68P / RT-AC1900 / RT-AC1900P

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just noticed his cpu temperature. The tm-ac1900 that I had overclocked at 1.4ghz only ran at 74 degrees.

Last edited:
Y
I just noticed his cpu tempersture. The tm-ac1900 that I had overclockec at 1.4ghz only ran at 74 degrees.
Yep, still 86C today. I may have a period next week where I can leave the clients without service for a while--I could take the cover off and see if I can improve the heat sinking. Otherwise, I have a box full of small fans.

Yep, still 86C today. I may have a period next week where I can leave the clients without service for a while--I could take the cover off and see if I can improve the heat sinking. Otherwise, I have a box full of small fans.
My RT-AC68U has always had those temperatures from day one, and that was running at 800MHz. I've been running it at 1GHz or above for a couple of years now without any problems (which means it runs a couple of degrees hotter).

Can anyone tell me defnitively whether the AC1900P or AC68P support CTF+FA NAT Accel? I find references to the 68P supporting it.. but they're always older posts. Did Asus remove support for this? I can't seem to enable it. I am up to date on both, running stock firmware (for aimesh, which I also tried disabling just to see if that was effecting it).

Can anyone tell me defnitively whether the AC1900P or AC68P support CTF+FA NAT Accel? I find references to the 68P supporting it.. but they're always older posts. Did Asus remove support for this? I can't seem to enable it. I am up to date on both, running stock firmware (for aimesh, which I also tried disabling just to see if that was effecting it).
Probably best to post your question in the main Asus forum as it is off-topic for this thread.

I have a early version (A1) RT0AC68U and the hardware version is the second line on the white sticker on the back. Looking at images of some used 68's I'm not seeing the version number in the same location. Where is it typically located?

Update: As I continue to look, some are on the white sticker and others are not.

My AC68A got bit by lightning, along with three Spectrum cable boxes. New AC68U arrived today with sticker on box claiming 1.4 Mhz dual core, B2 hardware, 2018 model from Amazon.

Any issues running the latest Merlin for this router?

TIA

My AC68A got bit by lightning

For a brief shining moment, the CPU temp must have run off the scale ;)

Sorry to hear about the lightning strike - hopefully homeowner's/renter's insurance covered things...

For a brief shining moment, the CPU temp must have run off the scale ;)

Sorry to hear about the lightning strike - hopefully homeowner's/renter's insurance covered things...

What, no deductible for you? ...first router in 15 years to get lit up ;)

I have a RT-AC68Ru. I am not able to connect the app from my phone to my router. It says that I have no internet connection but all my other devices are working. I try using the password that I have always had but it says authentication failed. Need help.....Thanks!

I have a RT-AC68Ru. I am not able to connect the app from my phone to my router. It says that I have no internet connection but all my other devices are working. I try using the password that I have always had but it says authentication failed. Need help.....Thanks!
With the little information you gave and assuming no settings have been changed, a first shot would be: reboot the router.

Lost second AC68A last night to lightning power surge. Only device failed in house this time. I would think that the ad/dc brick would provide some surge protection but after 2nd router..not. Asus will provide replacement so dusting off old UPS to run both cable and Asus WiFi box.

Lost second AC68A last night to lightning power surge. Only device failed in house this time. I would think that the ad/dc brick would provide some surge protection but after 2nd router..not. Asus will provide replacement so dusting off old UPS to run both cable and Asus WiFi box.
I assume the "ad/dc brick" is the standard Asus router AC adapter, if so: this cheap little thing will not give protection to power surges.
I am also not sure a UPS will give protection against power surges or is protected itself against a power surge.
Keep in mind that the electromagnetic force alone, caused by a nearby lightning strike, can easily damage any electronics, active devices with a radio antenna (including your router) are even more sensitive for damages.
The old golden rule for sensitive equipment during lightning is: power down and disconnect power supplies, antenna's and network cables. The golden rule may not be practical, so it is up to you to decide what equipment you leave alive and take the risk of damage.

How can one tell on ebay for example 68u vs 1900?

Most i see are 1900 and people list them as 68u.

Asking cause merlin no longer supports ac1900.

How can one tell on ebay for example 68u vs 1900?

Most i see are 1900 and people list them as 68u.

Asking cause merlin no longer supports ac1900.

Did I miss something? When did he stop supporting the rt-ac68u?

If you mean the t-mobile one, it will say t-mobile across the front.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!