What's new

RT-AC68U / RT-AC68P / RT-AC1900 / RT-AC1900P

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yeah. Just to add MORE weirdness.... the AC86U has 2 fewer LEDs than the AC68U. So, the motherboard for the AC86U would not even work in the AC68U case. So, if there IS an RT-AC68U_Extreme that is really an RT-AC86U, it would have to look identical to an RT-AC86U as well (only changing the model number).

Not necessarily. The RT-AC66U_B1 uses the RT-AC68U hardware, but in a different form factor similar to the RT-AC66U.

I’ve found a bug with this new release 384.11_2. I can’t do any port forwarding. Each time I put my devices into the list, they just disappear. This is the first release that had wiped them out. The iPhone app lets me enter 5 entries, but the 6th wipes them all out.

I think, AC68UF is missing...

I have an "ordinary" Ac68u from 2013 (no HW Ver. Written on the white sticker...) and it is 1 GHz not 800 MHz. How is that?

https://ibb.co/JxWkdVC

Last edited:
Never overclocked, latest Merlin flashed...

you easily can change it in cfe

Never overclocked, latest Merlin flashed... I know how to do it...

Edit: however, I bought it used... How do I check if it has been overclocked? But if I update the firmware it goes back to default clocks does it?

if you change it in cfe its permanent!
you dont "really" know how to do it ;)
nvram set asuscfeclkfreq=800,666 && nvram set asuscfecommit=1
this has been your original values, wrong or too high parameters an you have a solid brick!

you easily can change it in cfe

Ok,thanks!!

So what is the safest to go with drr3? Leave it at 666 or can I try 800 like netgear R7000? I guess CPU is OK at 1 GHz since it is running like that for a while now...

1000/800 should be fine and for very most even 1200/800 is ok, but never use CPU 1400 except you know very well it will work. There would be no way back!
RAM can be 533/666/775 or 800.
Preset CFE values will be used after factory reset (maybe after reboot/power cycle too).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!