What's new

RT-AC68U / RT-AC68P / RT-AC1900 / RT-AC1900P

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@hytekj Your questions are not really related to this thread. I suggest you create a new thread which will give it more visibility.

FYI I am able to power a raspberry pi 3 b+ no problem so far using that 2-to-1 USB cable. pi has ethernet, 2x usb devices connected.

Is this vulnerability for all routers in this topic? Or maybe even "all" ASUS routers? (Or only 1900P?)

There are probably many more serious vulnerabilities. Read the text. There are prerequisites such as someone having access to the router/it being on an insecure network. Dont put it on an insecure network, dont leave the admin interface open to the internet, and dont let anyone else log in to it.

Is the table accurate/updated recently? I got the AC68U E1 revision (on the package it says 1GHz dual core) but damn, where to find the revision with 1.4 GHz?

EDIT: BTW do any of you know something about AC68U Extreme edition or something like that.... that supposenly supports hardware acceleration for OpenVPN? So what revisions actually support this feauture?

Here is the article where this is mentioned:

Last edited:
Is the table accurate/updated recently? I got the AC68U E1 revision (on the package it says 1GHz dual core) but damn, where to find the revision with 1.4 GHz?

EDIT: BTW do any of you know something about AC68U Extreme edition or something like that.... that supposenly supports hardware acceleration for OpenVPN? So what revisions actually support this feauture?

Here is the article where this is mentioned:

The tables are still accurate based on the information I have, keep in mind they are based on information I gathered from different sources.
As soon as anyone has something to add or correct please let me know.
Regarding the RT-AC68U B2 version only very limited information is available.

I have a 2020 version of the RT-AC68U and it says REV.A on the box but CPU speed is 1Ghz. Doesn't seem to fit the table.

I have a 2020 version of the RT-AC68U and it says REV.A on the box but CPU speed is 1Ghz. Doesn't seem to fit the table.
What's the FCC-ID? It's probably the "RT-AC68U V3".

Yes according to the Amazon listing in the UK it is a V3. Cant seem to find the FCC-ID.

All the information including the FCC id shall be printed on the back of the router.
Can you share a photo of it?

I tried to paste a pic but the board software said there was a problem above is a hosted pic.
That looks like a regular RT-AC68U, not the V3 version which has a different FCC ID.

There's usually a white label on the back next to the section in your picture. If you have that what is the "H/W Ver" and "F/W Ver"? If the versions aren't on the router they should be on the box label.

Last edited:
Hw ver is A as already stated in the thread.
Well to be fair you said it was "REV.A", not "H/W Ver A". Hence my confusion. The firmware version is from April 2019, so perhaps it's another "Amazon special" like the RT-AC68A.

Maybe this might give us a clue if it's a new version:
Code:
# nvram show | grep -E "^odmpid|^model|^productid|^PA"
odmpid=RT-AC68U
model=RT-AC68U
productid=RT-AC68U

Last edited:
It is quite confusing in general, as the FCC ID is the same as my RT-AC68U: MSQ-RTAC68U
I know from newer RT-AC68 models or variations also the FCC ID changed.
A hardware version A should in the straight philosophy be considered a A1 (with the 1 skipped as a A2 was not known by then).

Mine (manufactured in 2016) is A2, the firmware is upgraded a few times of course:
upload_2016-11-22_20-16-30.png

And the one from Banger:
1617615453155.png

1617615425063.png

I got a AC68U V2 today, detail as following:

FCC ID:MSQ-RTAC68UV2
CPU: 1.4
MEMORY: 256
FLASH: 128

CFE: 2.0.0.6
Hardware: 2.2

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!