What's new

RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

soccernutt10

New Around Here
I was looking for some help. I just upgraded my RT-AC66R with the RT-AC68U and made the 66R a access point at the far end on my home with 2 external HD's connected to the 68U. I have had the 68U for a day and a half and it has locked up on me twice. I can still connect to the 66R but it says limited connection in windows. The 68U has all the lights flashing but i cant log into it until l power cycle it. I got rid of my EA6500 because i had to reboot it all the time. The 66R was rock solid and never had a issue. I was jt trying to upgrade because the family (Wife) just got into Netflix. is this a issue with the 68U?
Thanks for the help.

firmware version

Just to get the obvious out of the way, ensure your firmware on your 68U is up to date. You can also try Merlin's build which has a lot more bug fixes than stock asus firmware. The look and feel is very identical to stock one.
-sri

I'd recommend the same. I would put Merlin on both routers.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bkfq2a6aebq68//Asuswrt-Merlin

Put the AC66 in AP mode and you have 5 fully useable ports. The firmware interface is almost as stock but it should be very stable. I had a AC68U for 1-2 month and liked it a lot, a very stable and strong router, I just needed more CPU power and switched to the R7000. But the AC68U is great otherwise. Strong range. But make sure you really updated to the latest FW. Don't rely on the internal check in the firmware itself, check the ASUS website and compare the numbers.
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=RT-AC68U&p=11&os=8

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!