What's new

RT-AC86U AiMesh ASUSWRT-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Skeptical.me

Very Senior Member
I'm trying to find how to enable AiMesh on my 86U that has ASUSWRT-Merlin on it, but I'm having no success.

Does the Merlin firmware disable AiMesh? If not how can I enable it?

I'm trying to find how to enable AiMesh on my 86U that has ASUSWRT-Merlin on it, but I'm having no success.

AIMesh not supported by Merlin. It won't be supported anytime soon.

AIMesh not supported by Merlin. It won't be supported anytime soon.

ahh, what a shame. Okay. Thanks for the information.

Compulsory link to: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-read-me-first-before-posting-a-question.47153/

Q: Will Asuswrt-Merlin support AiMesh?
A: Highly unlikely, due to technical limitations caused by incompatibilities between my code, and Asus's closed source components for AiMesh.

Hi.

I am running main router ac86u (384.13 merlin) on which I disabled 2.4 GHz band. However on my ac68u aimesh node (latest official asuswrt) the 2.4 GHz band is still on. Since there is no real way to control the node is there a way to turn off the 2.4 GHz band on the node?

yes, you could do using SSH, search for command to turn off 2.4G (or look which NVRAM paramter changes if you turn off 2.4G).
Could be something like: nvram set wl0_radio=0 && nvram commit

Last edited:
AIMesh not supported by Merlin. It won't be supported anytime SOON.
My RT-AC68R flashed with Merlin has AIMesh support. When did Merlin start supporting AIMesh? Was it SOON after your post? ;) LOL

@g725s, you're quoting @skeal from a year and a half ago. :rolleyes::oops::D:p