What's new

RT AX-89X bitTorrent and NAT Acceleration enabled causes crashes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Opteron67

New Around Here
Hi, new to this forum, my first post

I bought an RT-AX89X months ago and it is just impressive

I have 1Gbits/s FTTH in Paris (Free)
I connect it to my computer with ASUS XG-C100F + 10Gtek® Câble SFP+ 10G 5m - SFP+ Direct attach Copper Twinax

Everything flies.

My tip : after an update I had always crashes while torrenting, did solve it by disabling the NAT Acceleration which imho is not needed given the 2.2Ghz quad core cpu in this router. I can max out my broadband fiber when torrenting.

So did you think NAT Acceleration is worth it or do you disable it as the CPU is powerful enough ?

Hi, new to this forum, my first post

I bought an RT-AX89X months ago and it is just impressive

I have 1Gbits/s FTTH in Paris (Free)
I connect it to my computer with ASUS XG-C100F + 10Gtek® Câble SFP+ 10G 5m - SFP+ Direct attach Copper Twinax

Everything flies.

My tip : after an update I had always crashes while torrenting, did solve it by disabling the NAT Acceleration which imho is not needed given the 2.2Ghz quad core cpu in this router. I can max out my broadband fiber when torrenting.

So did you think NAT Acceleration is worth it or do you disable it as the CPU is powerful enough ?
If disabling NAT Acceleration already gives you maximum wired download/upload speeds, then as the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

In my use case, I have NAT Acceleration enabled as that's the only way I can get close to the 10Gbps wired download/upload speeds offered by my ISP.

No
but you can torrenting with NAT Acceleration without crash ?
No issues with BitTorrent downloads as far as I can tell. The RT-AX89X has been running stable for two years and counting in my case. Like I said before, if you can still max out your wired broadband speeds with NAT Acceleration disabled, you're good to go.

It depends on how many connections you have, usually a router can only cope with 300k active connections.

When NAT is accelerated, it may be less.

Limiting the number of connections from your torrent client may alleviate the problem.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!