What's new

Xbox Series X Double NAT issue Asus ZenWifiPro AXE11000 ET12

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CapedCrusader117

Occasional Visitor
Hi there,

I am currently having an issue trying to get an open NAT on my Xbox. It gives me the NAT type: Moderate and Double NAT detected.

My setup for the ET12 is the default option: Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default). My node on the first floor acts is a router that connects to the FiOS box and my node on the second floor connects to the first node by a dedicated 6Ghz backhaul. My node on the second floor has a LAN cable going out from its 2.5Gbps LAN port into an a 2.5Gbps Ethernet switch, which is what my Xbox Series X plugs into for wired connectivity.

From what i have read, using either Access Point or Bridge Mode will disable Wifi?

Any idea how to fix this issue?

Apart from the message what problem are you actually having?
Having a Moderate NAT messes with joining parties/groups/friends in games like Destiny 2, Halo, etc. so i'm trying to see how to get an open NAT via wired LAN. If i connect to the wireless network, it is open NAT but not via wired Lan.

If i connect to the wireless network, it is open NAT but not via wired Lan.
It sounds like your "FiOS box" is acting as a wireless router and you are connecting to it over Wi-Fi instead of your Asus. You need to remove or bridge the FiOS box to remove the double NAT.

It sounds like your "FiOS box" is acting as a wireless router and you are connecting to it over Wi-Fi instead of your Asus. You need to remove or bridge the FiOS box to remove the double NAT.
The ET12 main floor node is just directly connected to the Fios box (via ethernet) that isn't a router but just takes in the Fiber optic cable.

I see. When you connect to the Wi-Fi what IP address does the client get? What IP address does your Xbox get when connected via ethernet?

Each of the client gets a 192.168.50. something (including the Xbox) ip address whereas the Wan has a 192.168.3. something IP address

Each of the client gets a 192.168.50. something (including the Xbox) ip address
It makes no sense that the Wi-Fi clients say open NAT but the ethernet client says otherwise if they are both getting 192.168.50.x addresses.

whereas the Wan has a 192.168.3. something IP address
If the Asus router's WAN is 192.168.3.x that is the reason for the double NAT. So what ever is connected to your WAN port is the cause of the NAT problem.

It makes no sense that the Wi-Fi clients say open NAT but the ethernet client says otherwise if they are both getting 192.168.50.x addresses.

If the Asus router's WAN is 192.168.3.x that is the reason for the double NAT. So what ever is connected to your WAN port is the cause of the NAT problem.
Could you explain the second point further? What's connected to that WAN port is basically the FiOS modem which, afaik, doesn't have wifi or anything. Should i put the operation of the ET12 to Access Point / AI Mesh Router in AP mode to try and resolve this issue?

Could you explain the second point further? What's connected to that WAN port is basically the FiOS modem which, afaik, doesn't have wifi or anything. Should i put the operation of the ET12 to Access Point / AI Mesh Router in AP mode to try and resolve this issue?
I am not familiar with FiOS so have no idea how it works. All I can say is that if your Asus router is getting a private 192.168.3.x address then something upstream of it is performing NAT. Whether it is the FiOS "modem" or something further upstream I couldn't say.

You could try changing your Asus from router mode to AP mode but you would loose a lot of the functionality of the Asus (e.g. QoS, AiProtection, etc). Whether it would work at all I couldn't guess. You would also be at the mercy of some mysterious upstream box that you have no understanding of or control over.

FiOS(IP Passthrough mode) > Main router is ASUS one> Nodes.
Hi there,

I am currently having an issue trying to get an open NAT on my Xbox. It gives me the NAT type: Moderate and Double NAT detected.

My setup for the ET12 is the default option: Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default). My node on the first floor acts is a router that connects to the FiOS box and my node on the second floor connects to the first node by a dedicated 6Ghz backhaul. My node on the second floor has a LAN cable going out from its 2.5Gbps LAN port into an a 2.5Gbps Ethernet switch, which is what my Xbox Series X plugs into for wired connectivity.

From what i have read, using either Access Point or Bridge Mode will disable Wifi?

Any idea how to fix this issue?
FiOS(IP Passthrough mode)> ASUS Router for a Main router> Nodes.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!