What's new

RT-AX53U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Akebrett

New Around Here
hello

How do i configure RT-AX53U as a node?
Or did i missread some information before i purchased it?

only Get up 4 options
-Wireless router
-media bridge
-repeater mode
-AP mode

hello

How do i configure RT-AX53U as a node?
Or did i missread some information before i purchased it?

only Get up 4 options
-Wireless router
-media bridge
-repeater mode
-AP mode

Reset its firmware and then search/add it to the AiMesh from within the main router webUI. You don't directly configure nodes.

Reset FAQ
Reset button/webUI Restore/node removal - clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE (fw defaults)
Hard Reset via WPS button/webUI Restore+Initialize - also clears data logged in /jffs partition (fw defaults+clear logs)

OE

Thanks for your reply OE :)) tried normal reset and hard reset, still can’t find it on the aimesh :(

Thanks for your reply OE :)) tried normal reset and hard reset, still can’t find it on the aimesh :(

Confirm that WPS is enabled. And that all routers are broadcasting all of their WLAN signals... easy to view with a WiFi analyzer app.

If the AiMesh search-for-node function cannot find the reset wireless node, try connecting it with a temp cable, node WAN to router LAN.

Next step would be to confirm latest reset Asuswrt firmware on all nodes.

OE

Thanks a lot for your help :) updated firmware on the 53U and then hard reset it seem to been trick for me :) finally I can sleep ^^

IMHO RT-AX53U is poor as a wireless AiMesh node.

I bought one but with my XT8 AiMesh system I got only 866 Mbps backhaul speed, not 1.2 Gbps as from spec, where my Asus AX-56 USB wifi-6 dongle in the same location reaches 1.2.

Maybe better use it as a wired node.

I sent it back for an RT-AX92U that in the same configuration gets a 1.8 Gbps wireless backhaul on the XT8's 5 Ghz-2 wireless band.

Im gonna use it with wired cat6 backhaul, its only for a small appartment like 60m2 ^^ i read it was pretty bad AFTER i purchased it, didn’t pay much for it atleast 60$ :p there will also be nodes directly on the floor over so i hope it will be good enough for 1-2 people ;P

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!