What's new

ASUS RT-AX53U & Huawei 4G stick issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Neo3

New Around Here
Hello Forum Members,

I recently purchased an ASUS RT-AX53U router for the reason to use it for providing wifi with a Huawei e3372h stick.

To be more precise: I have two sticks.
- Huawei e3372h-153
- Huawei e3372h-320

Story begins last year, when I was happily using a TP-Link MR3220 router with the - 153. Then I wanted to upgrade to LTE, so purchased the - 320. Unfortunately TP-Link did not recognise the - 320.

So I've surfed the net and found that ASUS-RT-AX53U supports the - 320. Bought it - and I have very mixed experiences.

I did manage to set it up at my home with the - 320. It did work with my Vodafone SIM.

Later, I moved the router and modem to our weekend house (where the signal is very weak). Asap I plugged in, the router noted "Huawei mobile" and was net for about 1 minute. Then at 192.168.50.1 I saw "no device". And from that point, every ~5 seconds it changes from "Huawei mobile" to "no device" and there is no net connection.

At some time, after many tries (turn off, power off, factory reset) it works for some hours, and by itself, goes off again.

I have no idea - I see no pattern in it's behaviour.

Also the - 153 did not wirk first. Attached directly to PC (for a check). It is visible as usb device (stick mode I guess). Then connected to Asus and it did work - for some hours we've had internet. Then gone off and nothing (power off, factory reset etc) did manage to get it work again.

So here we go, I have lost all ideas on why this happens and why it behaves differently in the same settings. Weaker signal can bevthe reason maybe?

Many thanks for any kind of help!

Hello Forum Members,

I recently purchased an ASUS RT-AX53U router for the reason to use it for providing wifi with a Huawei e3372h stick.

To be more precise: I have two sticks.
- Huawei e3372h-153
- Huawei e3372h-320

Story begins last year, when I was happily using a TP-Link MR3220 router with the - 153. Then I wanted to upgrade to LTE, so purchased the - 320. Unfortunately TP-Link did not recognise the - 320.

So I've surfed the net and found that ASUS-RT-AX53U supports the - 320. Bought it - and I have very mixed experiences.

I did manage to set it up at my home with the - 320. It did work with my Vodafone SIM.

Later, I moved the router and modem to our weekend house (where the signal is very weak). Asap I plugged in, the router noted "Huawei mobile" and was net for about 1 minute. Then at 192.168.50.1 I saw "no device". And from that point, every ~5 seconds it changes from "Huawei mobile" to "no device" and there is no net connection.

At some time, after many tries (turn off, power off, factory reset) it works for some hours, and by itself, goes off again.

I have no idea - I see no pattern in it's behaviour.

Also the - 153 did not wirk first. Attached directly to PC (for a check). It is visible as usb device (stick mode I guess). Then connected to Asus and it did work - for some hours we've had internet. Then gone off and nothing (power off, factory reset etc) did manage to get it work again.

So here we go, I have lost all ideas on why this happens and why it behaves differently in the same settings. Weaker signal can bevthe reason maybe?

Many thanks for any kind of help!
Did you use the modem itself, without a router, how well did it work?
Unfortunately, I cannot help you, but my Huawei E8372 paired with AX 86U worked without any problems.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!