What's new

RT-AX58U media server page blank

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

leplajj

New Around Here
New install, everything looked and worked properly. Then I plugged in a USB drive and set up Network Place (Samba), which worked fine. Next I decided to play with the media server setup, but that resulted in the mediaserver.asp page going blank. Rebooting doesn't help. The other tabs in the USB Application section can be accessed by typing in the *asp url. All pages display and work properly, except for the media server that remains blank. I suspect that my manipulations resulted in a conflict of some sort. How do I get out of this w/o resorting to a factory reset and starting from scratch? Is there a way to reset the media server section by itself? Thanks.

New install, everything looked and worked properly. Then I plugged in a USB drive and set up Network Place (Samba), which worked fine. Next I decided to play with the media server setup, but that resulted in the mediaserver.asp page going blank. Rebooting doesn't help. The other tabs in the USB Application section can be accessed by typing in the *asp url. All pages display and work properly, except for the media server that remains blank. I suspect that my manipulations resulted in a conflict of some sort. How do I get out of this w/o resorting to a factory reset and starting from scratch? Is there a way to reset the media server section by itself? Thanks.
Let's try this: Can someone walk me through resetting 'Service Centers' under 'USB Applications' to original factory settings via SSH in a RT-AX58U v.388.1?
I've accessed router with PuTTY and successfully logged in. Have list of cmds. Now what?

Let's try this: Can someone walk me through resetting 'Service Centers' under 'USB Applications' to original factory settings via SSH in a RT-AX58U v.388.1?
I've accessed router with PuTTY and successfully logged in. Have list of cmds. Now what?
Solved.
  • Saved configuration settings (old file) and backed up JFFS partition.
  • Performed a manual firmware upgrade with 388.1 Merlin firmware (same that was running before). Now Media Server tab is visible and accessible again, but all settings are of course reset.
  • Without configuring anything, saved configuration settings (new file).
  • Downloaded https://www.medo64.com/wrtsettings/ and compared old and new configuration files.
  • In new configuration file, changed USB_USB3 variable from 0 to 1 and saved file.
  • Restored configuration settings using modified old file.
All is good, Media Server tab is visible and accessible again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!