What's new

RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Version 3.0.0.4.386.44130 - 2021/06/28

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andy1932

Version 3.0.0.4.386.44130
2021/06/28 73.13 MBytes
ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.44130
1. Add Hinet MOD Mesh IPTV support.
2. Fix bandwidth limiter issue under AiMesh.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 49dab52541fb616adbe61b36fefc8b9e

Did they add auto upgrade?

Well, I just had to answer my own question. Yes, this version does have Auto Firmware Upgrade that you can set to run at a specific time. Besides the noted fixes the new firmware does contain several features Asus is incorporating into the new firmwares. Password and passphrase strength meters are the ones I've noticed.

I think it rhymes with hit. :p

Seems this firmware is not yet available in US website

what happened to the font after the update
2021-06-28 (2).png
2021-06-28 (3).png

Seems this firmware is not yet available in US website

Installed it about an hour ago. It seems good, so far. It looks like they fixed the issue with the internal speed test. There are also a lot less system log entries.

This one changed my 2.4GHz SSID, funny, never happened before on any firmware update...
Changed the name back in 2.4GHz settings and all fine.

New firmware is great! Fixed all the odd slow capped download speeds I was getting on my wifi, it was capping all my wifi on my gig line, to 250 on average...We are back to normal and fast wifi again hitting client maximums.

Solid firmware update for sure.

does no one else have any problems with the font on the ai mesh page ? Only on this page

Stupid firmware update auto enabled the farking QoS which helped solve the problem of why the hell my capped download speeds were better after this new updated but still sucked vs what I used to get. After more google fooing, I turned that off trendmicro, and now FINALLY im nearly getting 1gbps cable speeds I am paying for, I was starting to really lose my patience with the router

Last edited:
I found this thread really helpful. I had literally been holding myself back on the Version 3.0.0.4.386.41535 (2020/12/30) firmware because I had seen such a dramatic slowdown in WAN to LAN (wired Ethernet) link speeds with later firmware. I did have someone suggest changing the QoS settings. The post from 1ceLaz0r suggests turning off the TrendMicro features under administration. However, it seems then I would lose features like the traffic analyzer (which I love, by the way). What's the scoop here? I know there have been other posts on SNB around this, but none that seemed to exactly describe this problem. A little help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 5.59.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 5.59.37 AM.png
    299.1 KB · Views: 155
I found this thread really helpful. I had literally been holding myself back on the Version 3.0.0.4.386.41535 (2020/12/30) firmware because I had seen such a dramatic slowdown in WAN to LAN (wired Ethernet) link speeds with later firmware. I did have someone suggest changing the QoS settings. The post from 1ceLaz0r suggests turning off the TrendMicro features under administration. However, it seems then I would lose features like the traffic analyzer (which I love, by the way). What's the scoop here? I know there have been other posts on SNB around this, but none that seemed to exactly describe this problem. A little help?
I have never see the reported speed drops. This firmware version is good with no show stopping issues. FWIT I did a fresh install over Merlin followed with a factory reset and manual config.

In my case the actual speed is the same as with all previous versions, only the built in speed test showed lower numbers before...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!