What's new

RT-AX86U/RT-AX5700 hits the FCC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CTF was replaced by Flow Cache on this router. It's automatically enabled/disabled, there is no user setting on the webui to do it manually.

Just and FYI...not sure if it is just my mine or not but I selected 2.5 as the WAN and it capped my upload at 100 when I have 1 gig both ways. I even spent an hour on the phone with tech support and they had no idea why.

Just and FYI...not sure if it is just my mine or not but I selected 2.5 as the WAN and it capped my upload at 100 when I have 1 gig both ways. I even spent an hour on the phone with tech support and they had no idea why.

Probably firmware, just like broken traffic analyser earlier, just gonna have to wait for more firmware update. Welcome to being new hardware guinea pig

A 100mbps limitation often points to a cable problem. Try a different Cat6 cable.

So, I'm trying to understand the use case for the 2.5GbE port with your ISP. If the ISP modem has only (1) 2.5GbE port, and this router has only (1) 2.5GbE port, then how can you use it ? In other words the modem WAN plugs into this router's WAN and then you have no 2.5GbE ports left to go to your multi-Gb switch... or am I looking at this all wrong ? It seems like Asus needs another 2.5GbE port.

Yeah, if you have faster than gigabit internet you'd really need to look at link aggregation (either for the WAN or to a switch), or just look at another router.

Sadly not an issue I've encountered. I just ended up using it to connect to my NAS so that multiple wireless clients aren't bottlenecked by a gigabit connection.

So, I'm trying to understand the use case for the 2.5GbE port with your ISP. If the ISP modem has only (1) 2.5GbE port, and this router has only (1) 2.5GbE port, then how can you use it ?

Two separate clients would be able to download at full gigabit at the same time, for example.

When you reach those types of speed, what matters is not how fast one single client can go (because most likely the remote server will NOT be fast enough anyway to keep up with you), but how many simultaneous clients can you have before things start slowing down.

Got 2 AX86U units on the way. I hope to use the 2.5G port from one unit to the other, where the other is in wired AP mode and get 2.5g between them. Anyone else do this yet?

I have generally removed my RT-AX86U in the box, waiting and hoping for the appearance of the Merlin firmware, so that it is possible to install Entware + Transmission and some AMTM add-ons, without all this, it makes no sense for me to use the router.

without all this, it makes no sense for me to use the router.

So you bought the router without even knowing if I will actually support it?

New toy ;)
5F4AF517-1683-41BD-942C-D3DB5605F18F.jpeg
229282D0-4081-4231-98D6-98E7EECD357F.jpeg

Original AC88 antennas (from my « old » AC88 that i use only internet connection with radio off.
A little more longer...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!