What's new

RT-AX88U internal speed test?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KWP369

New Around Here
Is there a speed test internal of the router that tests the connection from the router and not having to test from a client device. I have searched every tab and can't seem to find one?

Should be on the Adaptive QoS page.

Screenshot 2020-12-23 141336.jpg

There is a built in speed test if you have updated to the 386 branch of FW. I haven’t personally used it as I am on Merlin 384.19, but I have heard it’s very basic in design.

If running Merlin, you can install an add on package called spdmerlin that is much more advanced and will run on a schedule. It will produce graphs and can integrate with some of the 3rd party QOS scripts.

There is a built in speed test if you have updated to the 386 branch of FW. I haven’t personally used it as I am on Merlin 384.19, but I have heard it’s very basic in design.

If running Merlin, you can install an add on package called spdmerlin that is much more advanced and will run on a schedule. It will produce graphs and can integrate with some of the 3rd party QOS scripts.
I was just about to say that I'm running merlin. Can you link me to how to use the add-on please?

Follow the steps in this thread to access AMTM. Note that if you are using a version of Merlin newer than 384.15 it comes preinstalled so you can skip the part about entering the curl command. Continue to follow the steps for setting up your USB drive.

From here you can install spdmerlin by usingoption “I” to show available packages and select the number for spdmerlin.

Bro i flashed Merlin on to my RT-AX88U later i flashed stock firmware but it dint flash so i used Firmware Restoration and flashed Version 3.0.0.4.384.9579 later Aimesh Icon on the lest of the General tap disappeared even the speed test option on Adaptive Qos disappeared what to do please help me.

Bro i flashed Merlin on to my RT-AX88U later i flashed stock firmware but it dint flash so i used Firmware Restoration and flashed Version 3.0.0.4.384.9579 later Aimesh Icon on the lest of the General tap disappeared even the speed test option on Adaptive Qos disappeared what to do please help me.

The AiMesh tab in the left menu as well as the built in speedtest utility are features added in the 386 branch of firmware. Since you flashed back to the 384 branch, they are not available.

The AiMesh tab in the left menu as well as the built in speedtest utility are features added in the 386 branch of firmware. Since you flashed back to the 384 branch, they are not available.
Bro but the offical webpage is only having latest Version 3.0.0.4.384.9579
can i get the link of the new 386 branch firmware file

Attachments

• Capturerrr.JPG
    Capturerrr.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 270
@Harsha Tarak R, Bro! Asus took down that link as there were issues with that firmware as was already noted in your other post.

Please don't cross-post the same questions in multiple forums.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!