What's new

RT-AX88U - Internet status: disconnected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Skario

New Around Here
Hello,

For more than 8 months, I have had an Asus RT-AX88U router connected to my ISP router (bridge mode). The problem is that this Asus router works for a few days or even a few weeks and then, for no apparent reason, loses connection to the Internet. On the web configuration page, the status shows Internet status: disconnected.

I am currently using the official version 3.0.0.4.384_9579 of the firmware but all the versions released for 8 months present the same problem with me. I also tried several versions of asuswrt-merlin but it doesn't change anything.

The only solution that works to get the connection back is to restart the router. I have tried many configurations (with / without ipv6, with / without VPN server, ...) but I cannot resolve the problem.

I have appended the WAN configuration I am using, maybe it is at fault?

Thank you already for your help!

Attachments

• config.png
    config.png
    364.2 KB · Views: 377
Try changing DHCP Query mode to Continuous.

Also if you use Adaptive QoS, try disabling it for a few days. There is currently a known issue with some ISPs failing to renew your lease when Adaptive QoS is enabled. The issue has been fixed by Asus, however they haven't released any updated firmware since fixing it (which was very recent).

Thanks for your advice. Quality of Service was already disabled on my router. I will try the continuous DHCP frequency mode.

Last edited:
Hello,

The problem still seems to be present. I was disconnected this morning and had to restart the router. Difficult to know where this problem comes from ...

Hello,

The problem still seems to be present. I was disconnected this morning and had to restart the router. Difficult to know where this problem comes from ...
You can try the other DHCP frequency settings... such as Normal mode (as it's called in stock Asus firmware but Merlin firmware may be a different name). Also you should consider contacting your ISP support and have them run remote diagnostics on your modem and see if they have a record of when the router is disconnecting from it. They might be able to help with a solution such as resetting the modem connection, etc.. Asus support might also be able to help with other router settings suggestions.

I am having a similar problem, although my connection comes back after 1-2 minutes. As far as I know it wasn't happening prior to the firmware 3.0.0.4.384_9579. When it has happened, I've checked my modem status using my ISPs app over my phone's cell network and it reports my modem is online, so it makes me think it's a router issue.

I checked on my modem and no disconnection is displayed in the logs. I have also contacted my ISP to be sure and the problem doesn't seem to come from there. I think they are right because I didn't have the problem with my old router (before the RT-AX88U) :/

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!