What's new

RTL8191SE Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

denali

Occasional Visitor
Anyone here have a laptop using the Realtek RTL8191SE? I'm trying to get it to connect at 300m, but the best I've been able to manage is 135m. Other clients in the house are having no problem hitting 300m. :mad:

My router is a DIR-615 B2.

Any suggestions appreciate!

I don't know how link rate is reported by your device, but it is limited on the transmit path to single-stream operation (1T2R).

I don't know how link rate is reported by your device, but it is limited on the transmit path to single-stream operation (1T2R).

My guess is Windows 7 is only reporting transmit speed. Out of curiosity, is there a utility to tell what the transmit and receive rates are independently?

My guess is Windows 7 is only reporting transmit speed. Out of curiosity, is there a utility to tell what the transmit and receive rates are independently?

Iperf? I think it measures tcp link speed.

I didn't find anything. I haven't owned a 1T2R/2T3R client; does Windows even permit asymmetric link rates?