What's new

Samba logging

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mikebk

Occasional Visitor
Can someone help me increase the logging level from Samba please?

I'm still trying to scan from a Kodak all-in-one printer/scanner to the hard drive on my RT-ac66R. The same printer scanned to the same hard drive when it was connected to a WNDR3700 running DDWRT. I'm getting a mix of Invalid userid and Network path not found errors.

Kodak wasn't at all helpful so I've been trying to investigate using the router log file and wireshark (which actually does a fantastic job of decoding SMB packets) and the router log. It appears from Wireshark that the printer is just reporting an error detected by Samba. Unfortunately, the router log doesn't even mention samba is reporting an error. I've been unable to increase the logging level at all. I've tried setting the log level in smb.conf to a selection of values between 1 and 9 with no change in the amount of logs.

I'm hoping that increasing the log level will provide me with insight so I can change configuration so it will work. After all, the same printer did work with Samba/DDWRT.

Thanks

Mike