What's new

SANE support for Brother DCP-7040?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

g1l1t1

New Around Here
I've installed sane on my RT-AC66U running merlin firmware build 3.0.0.4.374.33.

It appears to be working, generally:
# scanimage -L
device `pixma:MX870_192.168.1.37' is a CANON Canon PIXMA MX870 multi-function peripheral

# sane-find-scanner

# sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the result is different from what you expected, first make sure your scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

# No SCSI scanners found... (as expected)

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04f9, product=0x01e9) at libusb:001:003
# Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.

That USB scanner would be the Brother DCP-7040 plugged into the USB on my router, which is actually the scanner that I want to share.

I looked in /tmp/mnt/entware/entware/lib/sane/libsane at all the libsane-*.so.* files, which I take it are the backends for various printers?

Is there a backend or something else I need to install to get scanimage to recognize the Brother device?

Or am I just out of luck?