What's new

Does Merlin support custom Image for Guest Networks?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lawk

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I wanted to know if Merlin can display custom Portal images to sign on to guest networks? The stock firmware only seems to have some images to select from, but I want to upload one myself.

(on RT-AX88U_PRO)

Which version is that stock firmware that allows that? If it is based on 3.0.0.6.xxx then you'll have to wait and see when RMerlin releases that firmware series in the future (currently on 3.0.0.4.xxx).

Those are business or 4G models which are not supported by Merlin, the captive portal isn't available on standard models, so no, Merlin doesn't support what you are looking for.

I wanted to know if Merlin can display custom Portal images to sign on to guest networks? The stock firmware only seems to have some images to select from, but I want to upload one myself.

(on RT-AX88U_PRO)
Are you asking if the RT-AX88U Pro supports "captive portal" for guest Wifi? What images are you referring to in the stock firmware? What specific firmware version are you referring to which has "some images to select from"? Post a screen shot of what you are referring to.

Per the following Asus support article, the following routers; 4G-AC68U, 4G-AC86U, 4G-AX56, BRT-AC828 support captive portal.
[Guest Network ] How to set up Captive Portal?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!