What's new

scMerlin scMerlin v2 - Service and script control menu for AsusWRT-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Already tried that, it is still duplicated.
Have you tried seeing what it looks like with Edge/Firefox? (assuming you're a Chrome user)

Have you tried seeing what it looks like with Edge/Firefox? (assuming you're a Chrome user)
I use Edge.
It worked fine in chrome, but edge it is messy :(
I moved away from Chrome because it was too much ram usage.

I use Edge.
It worked fine in chrome, but edge it is messy :(
I moved away from Chrome because it was too much ram usage.
Have you tried using CTRL-F5 in Edge while on the router page?

Does scMerlin require Entware or a USB etc? Since I'm thinking of getting a new router in the future and I'm gonna be using my current router (AC86U) as an AiMesh Node.

I wanted to just install scMerlin there since it has so many useful features and being able to check the temps on the AC86U node would be a godsend since I've learned that we can ssh AiMesh Nodes :D

Also wanted to ask to anyone who's using a fan with their AC86U on router mode (since the new 386 update which ups the temp to 90C etc) . Is it still running that hot as an AiMesh node without the fan? Since i really want to ditch the fans. Thanks!!

AC86U as an AiMesh node runs much cooler than in router mode (50C against 65C for me, with a small fan).
Also, it seems better to run stock Asus FW on the nodes and just run Merlin on the router.

AC86U as an AiMesh node runs much cooler than in router mode (50C against 65C for me, with a small fan).
Also, it seems better to run stock Asus FW on the nodes and just run Merlin on the router.
Forgot to ask, why do you think it's better to run stock firmware in nodes instead of Merlin's?

Forgot to ask, why do you think it's better to run stock firmware in nodes instead of Merlin's?

There's numerous posts about this around the forum.
It seems to help with WiFi stability, especially if you're using 5G backhaul, rather than ethernet.

I thought it might be nice to run some scripts on the node to send CPU temp, but when I saw it was only running at 50C, I didn't bother. I'm not sure how you do it actually as you can't connect to the node's UI and tick the 'Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs' box to get them going.

There's numerous posts about this around the forum.
It seems to help with WiFi stability, especially if you're using 5G backhaul, rather than ethernet.

I thought it might be nice to run some scripts on the node to send CPU temp, but when I saw it was only running at 50C, I didn't bother. I'm not sure how you do it actually as you can't connect to the node's UI and tick the 'Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs' box to get them going.
Yeah. I assume the jffs custom scripts and configs thing is probably synced. But idk. I don't have a mesh system as of yet. But I really appreciate your help :D

Hi,

I have noticed the following discrepancy with my new GT-AX6000 (displaying fine with my old RT-AC86U):

1671555500801.png

Note that scMerlin has been installed from the first time on my freshly reformated USB drive alone with other add-ons (all other ones working as expected).

Hi,

I have noticed the following discrepancy with my new GT-AX6000 (displaying fine with my old RT-AC86U):

View attachment 46503

Note that scMerlin has been installed from the first time on my freshly reformated USB drive alone with other add-ons (all other ones working as expected).
Minor issue in web page, but temps so correctly via command line scmerlin.

Minor issue in web page, but temps so correctly via command line scmerlin.
Thanks for the confirmation...

Note that I had previously noticed that it was displayed in PuTTY via option t and should have mentioned it in my previous post.

There have been a number of upgrades to Merlin's firmware and Asus' hardware since the last update to this script, so I'm sure there are bound to be increasing instances of unexpected functionality when trying to use it as tat process continues and the script remains the same.
you may want to check out RTRMON to replace the Yaz suite.

There have been a number of upgrades to Merlin's firmware and Asus' hardware since the last update to this script, so I'm sure there are bound to be increasing instances of unexpected functionality when trying to use it as tat process continues and the script remains the same.
you may want to check out RTRMON to replace the Yaz suite.
That and the fact that Viktor (who also purchased a GT-AX6000) is working very hard to take the shell script's crown from Jack...

That and the fact that Viktor (who also purchased a GT-AX6000) is working very hard to take the shell script's crown from Jack...
LOL - Hey now... I'm not out to get anyone's crown, just creating alternatives and building on those... Jack gets to keep his crown! scMerlin, spdMerlin (go down the list) are all brilliant and super-talented pieces of work. :p But yes, RTRMON will give you another avenue to see some of these stats, and let you run speedtests, diags and whatnot.

LOL - Hey now... I'm not out to get anyone's crown, just creating alternatives and building on those... Jack gets to keep his crown! scMerlin, spdMerlin (go down the list) are all brilliant and super-talented pieces of work. :p But yes, RTRMON will give you another avenue to see some of these stats, and let you run speedtests, diags and whatnot.
when the alternatives are the ones working and evolving, it's pretty safe to say you're the king for the time being...but IS a little Game of Thrones-like around here at times ;-p

when the alternatives are the ones working and evolving, it's pretty safe to say you're the king for the time being...but IS a little Game of Thrones-like around here at times ;-p
Lol just lock me in the dungeon so I can do my thing. ;) I truly admire anyone picking up learning how to write these scripts and making all our lives better in the process. There's a lot of talent in this great community!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online