What's new

scMerlin scMerlin v2 - Service and script control menu for AsusWRT-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

force a cache refresh. i've tested on 2 routers across brave, chrome and firefox, all seems ok
Issue is definitely mine. Opened Brave in private mode and page displays perfect.

you'll see that on all pages throughout the webui and is unrelated to scmerlin's changes. did you do a ctrl f5? also try different browser such as chrome or firefox.
i wonder if this is yet another AX86U oddity, this model seems flaky with merlin/various addons. if someone buys me one I can test :D (I jest)
Ctrl F5 worked.....Seems like I was reporting on issues as quick as you were suggesting fixes. lol

Issue is definitely mine. Opened Brave in private mode and page displays perfect.
running any extensions? ive just tried dialling up brave's shield protection stuff and can't break it, other than blocking all cookies or scripts which break the webui and don't let me log in at all

running any extensions? ive just tried dialling up brave's shield protection stuff and can't break it, other than blocking all cookies or scripts which break the webui and don't let me log in at all
I have a few such as fireshot, treesystle menu, etc... but doing the force cache refresh worked.

v2.4.0 is now available
Changelog:

• NEW: Add sitemap page. This will appear in the Addons section as well as linked in the footer
  • NEW: Alter left hand menu in WebUI - when you hover over a menu item a dropdown will appear with a list of the tabs to click through to

Forcing a browser cache refresh (e.g. Ctrl F5) may be required to load the WebUI changes

Can I just switch back to stable and upgrade to the latest release?

I haven't been here in a while, but I just updated all my router scripts and am blown away. I just had to come here and compliment Mr. Yaz on all the excellent updates. The left-hand sub-menus is my favorite new addition; extremely useful and I don't know how I ever got along without it.

Question concerning Sitemap... Why do some some single menu items (e.g., AiMesh) show a submenu item that is the same?

i wonder if this is yet another AX86U oddity, this model seems flaky with merlin/various addons. if someone buys me one I can test :D (I jest)
You'd certainly deserve it...so be careful what you wish for ;-D

Maybe @RMerlin can put in a good word for you at Asus and make one magically appear? You would definitely be a worthy recipient!

Just to counter your observations, my main router has gone from being an AC68U => AC86U => AX86U. The AC68U still lives on as an AIMesh node. The AC86U mostly died in a lightning storm/power surge event (WAN and LAN1 ports fried).
The least stable, most cantankerous unit was definitely the AC86U, despite multiple factory resets and tinkering. The AX86U is rock solid and for me has all the makings of a “new classic” in the mould of the venerable AC68U. It just works, and is a beast. Don’t miss the darned AC86U at all, once I got over the pain in the wallet of having to buy the new one …

Maybe @RMerlin can put in a good word for you at Asus and make one magically appear? You would definitely be a worthy recipient!

Just to counter your observations, my main router has gone from being an AC68U => AC86U => AX86U. The AC68U still lives on as an AIMesh node. The AC86U mostly died in a lightning storm/power surge event (WAN and LAN1 ports fried).
The least stable, most cantankerous unit was definitely the AC86U, despite multiple factory resets and tinkering. The AX86U is rock solid and for me has all the makings of a “new classic” in the mould of the venerable AC68U. It just works, and is a beast. Don’t miss the darned AC86U at all, once I got over the pain in the wallet of having to buy the new one …
i actually find my AC86U more forgiving of being a live testbed than my AC68U!

i actually find my AC86U more forgiving of being a live testbed than my AC68U!

Yeah, I think my AC86U was just the runt of the litter … the storm did me a favour.

:)

I confess I have done a bit of my homework, but not thoroughly, and this post is me being lazy. If my question has been answered, I would appreciate if someone would say as much and then I will go looking. You can call me names too, if you want.

Test driving this terrific add-on: from the console I see
1628690448124.png
(this is not the only webui that is mia, btw).

I'm curious to know where I would start looking to find out why the webui page is not found.

I confess I have done a bit of my homework, but not thoroughly, and this post is me being lazy. If my question has been answered, I would appreciate if someone would say as much and then I will go looking. You can call me names too, if you want.

Test driving this terrific add-on: from the console I see View attachment 35660 (this is not the only webui that is mia, btw).

I'm curious to know where I would start looking to find out why the webui page is not found.
at a guess, check unbound gui is up to date by running
Code:
unbound_manager
sgui
after updating, a reboot would be best but you can try
Code:
/jffs/scripts/scmerlin startup force

at a guess, check unbound gui is up to date by running
Code:
unbound_manager
sgui

Unbound was not running. scMerlin and other webui pages now look like I think they should. Thank you!

Thank you for agreeing. I was thinking more along the lines of a GoFundMe, since https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ax86u-249-amazon.74179/
$10/per user would probably even cover shipping, if there's someone who wants to quarterback this... I'm not US-based.
I would be happy to put a stamp on a bill and entrust it to the post office (don't do paypal or ilk so I'd need a snail mail addy). Might even splurge and use an envelope. On a slightly more serious note, there is no way I could afford to properly pay all the people whose work I am using. Don't think I ever could.

I was thinking more along the lines of a GoFundMe
I’ve donated small amounts to Jack a couple of times in the past via his PayPal but I’m happy to throw in again. He is UK based. Probably rather do it via his existing preferred channels rather than over-complicating it with a GoFundMe though …
This is all getting a bit Off-Topic as well? :)

I get this with the submenus if on the aimesh page.

9C3E7E72-70D7-48E5-B32D-BA5058CA38CF.jpeg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!