What's new

[SCRIPT] asuswrt-sha256-signature - easily check a firmware files SHA256 security signature

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Yota thank you for your message.

Your breakdown of howto implement my scripts functionality on windows is good and I look forward to someone else rolling up their sleeves and implementing a working windows script.

For those who don't know, 7-Zip will give you a super handy "CRC SHA" right click context menu for checking file signatures on Windows.
Pretty much all you need ... have used it for years - fully free and without bothering with scripts on third party sites.

Pretty much all you need ... have used it for years - fully free and without bothering with scripts on third party sites.

lol... whatever turns you on... but your lovely reply motivated me to explore this sites options and I discovered something i had initially missed.

Last edited:
For those who don't know, 7-Zip will give you a super handy "CRC SHA" right click context menu for checking file signatures on Windows.
Also use 7Zip in Windows to check the CRC. Works very well.

These built-in commands will generate/display the respective crypto hash for the specified file from a Windows command or powershell prompt:

certutil -hashfile filespec MD5 ;use for Asuswrt .w file.

certutil -hashfile filespec SHA256 ;use for Asuswrt-Merlin .w file.

A filespec with spaces will require quotes, "filespec".

OE

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!