What's new

Serious issues with 68u as access point.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

W4RH34D

Regular Contributor
Not only does this unit not show up in the network map as an access point like the 66u does, telnet constantly crashes and the GUI does not always come up. Today it won't take my password.

I mean, it is almost as though someone is at the remote site screwing with the thing. It feels like I'm working with a jerk and not some piece of $200 equipment.

I've updated the device to the new firmware, and had the wonderful can't set timezone bug. Eventually that took, and everything seemed fine. Then I went to sleep, woke up and it is back to screwing up.

The odd thing, it actually is doing the job. The wifi is working, I just cant get in the stupid thing.

/rant

I spent many hours trying to do the same with my 68U and had no success until I installed the most recent version of rmerlin asuswrt. I was able to connect setup the media bridge mode on the first attempt, but I haven't tried repeater or AP yet. My primary AP is a rt87r.

Now today, when I put the router into rescue mode it won't show the nvram webpage to erase the nvram. The reset button also doesn't work.

Wonderful.

No I tried with the reset button, but if it continues I will give that a whirl.

Here's a new development. The gui is reachable if the computer trying to access it is a client of the AP. IE downstream of the AP.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!