What's new

Setting up Transmission through Entware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shows closed but I can still download so I'll figure that out later.

I have my disk to spin down after idle for 15mins.

After my disk spins down and spins back up, transmission web interface doesn't work. I can get to the page but the middle where it should be blank has writing on it like pause resume resume now and non of the buttons work.

I attached a picture of it.

I have to reboot the system and it works properly again.
Anyone else have that issue?

Also, once I've downloaded something I can't move it into different folders to organize or delete it.

Attachments

• transmission.jpg
    transmission.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 602
Last edited:
After my disk spins down and spins back up, transmission web interface doesn't work. I can get to the page but the middle where it should be blank has writing on it like pause resume resume now and non of the buttons work.

Also, once I've downloaded something I can't move it into different folders to organize or delete it.

I guess it's not a good idea to spin down the disk while using optware or entware. As per my knowledge, such programs reside entirely on the disk, so if a module not yet loaded in Ram is needed it won't be available after a spin down or if a disk access is needed the delay introduced by the spin-up may confuse transmission and let he think the resource is not available. Merlin and Rizhof may confirm if I'm right (a lot depends on how transmission and entware work). In any case, if you are not using a very old drive, you won't save much power spinning down the drive, but you will reduce it's expected life ad all the electronic devices ( not only the hard drives) are more sensitive to power cycles than to power-on time. Spinning down may have sense if you rarely access your drive via samba or ftp.

About the second question in my opinion two are the possible causes:

- You do not have write rights to the download directory
- You did not remove the files from the download/seed list, so the files are still owned by transmission.

AndreaS

Hi RMerlin;

I gave WAN access to transmision web interface. Is there a way to make transmission web interface access HTTPS (secure)?

Thanks in advance;

Hi RMerlin;

I gave WAN access to transmision web interface. Is there a way to make transmission web interface access HTTPS (secure)?

Thanks in advance;

According to a quick Google search, Transmission-web does not support SSL, unless it got added in a latter version.

Do you have to manually open a port for transmission? I didn't do it and the settings in the web-ui says the port is open (does it use UPnP?).

Odd. My ext2/ext3 disks always mounted by device name here, only time I had a mount done by the label was when using an NTFS or FAT32 disk. I guess my ext formatted disks never had any label on them.

Indeed, any drive having a label will be mounted under /tmp/mnt/<LABEL>.
Even if it's an Ext2/3.
Code:
/dev/sda2 on /tmp/mnt/Seagate2TB type ext3 (rw,nodev,noatime,data=ordered)

Thanks @ryzhov_al for explaining why.

Maybe this will replace the current way of "always mount in the same mountpoint using UUID".

Thanks for the guide RMerlin :p
By default the incomplete download directory was disabled for me
I also had to change
"incomplete-dir-enabled": false,
From false to true in the transmission/settings.json file to make use of it.

I don't think it's mentioned before so here's a fix.
When uTorrent transport protocol is enabled give transmission the send and receive buffer it asks for. (4MB receive and 1MB send)
I've added this values in bytes into init-start
Code:
echo 4194304 > /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
echo 1048576 > /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max

No more UDP Failed to set receive buffer: requested 4194304 blablabla
And when downloading torrents your gonna connect to more seeders so a bit faster in downloading and still stable.:cool:

I don't think it's mentioned before so here's a fix.
When uTorrent transport protocol is enabled give transmission the send and receive buffer it asks for. (4MB receive and 1MB send)
I've added this values in bytes into init-start
Code:
echo 4194304 > /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
echo 1048576 > /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max

No more UDP Failed to set receive buffer: requested 4194304 blablabla
And when downloading torrents your gonna connect to more seeders so a bit faster in downloading and still stable.:cool:

I added your code to init-start script but all the files in core directory are empty and cannot change permission from 644

I added your code to init-start script but all the files in core directory are empty and cannot change permission from 644

Hi,

Cannot follow you in that statement :confused:
Code:
# ls /proc/sys/net/core
dev_weight          netdev_budget       rmem_default        warnings
message_burst       netdev_max_backlog  rmem_max            wmem_default
message_cost        optmem_max          somaxconn           wmem_max

#cat remem_default \
#> rmem_max \
#> wmem_default \
#> wmem_max

Strange, with winscp the files are empty but with cat or nano it showing the right values.
THX

Hello all why i cannot use ntfs partition when i try setup entware in asus rt-n16? I get this error *** Error: No ext2/ext3 partition available. Exiting...
My hdd is seagate 1TB.And i cannot format to ext2 or ext3 partition.Because this hdd i used with router and laptop installed windows 8.How i can install full entware in ntfs partition?Very please help need install transmission and uninstall asus download master.

Hello all why i cannot use ntfs partition when i try setup entware in asus rt-n16? I get this error *** Error: No ext2/ext3 partition available. Exiting...
My hdd is seagate 1TB.And i cannot format to ext2 or ext3 partition.Because this hdd i used with router and laptop installed windows 8.How i can install full entware in ntfs partition?Very please help need install transmission and uninstall asus download master.

You can't. Entware requires features only available in a Linux filesystem. Just re-partition your HDD to create a small ext3 partition used for Entware, and keep the rest in an NTFS-formatted pertition.

You can't. Entware requires features only available in a Linux filesystem. Just re-partition your HDD to create a small ext3 partition used for Entware, and keep the rest in an NTFS-formatted pertition.

What size need entware?What size format partition to ext2,ext3?Or maybe asus merlin support ext4?

What size need entware?What size format partition to ext2,ext3?Or maybe asus merlin support ext4?

I thought it's recommended a minimum size of 2Gb.
It's best to use an ext2 filesystem if your usb device is a flash drive or ext 3 if it is an harddrive.

There's is no ext4 support available in this kernel and as far I know there are not going to backport it.

I thought it's recommended a minimum size of 2Gb.
It's best to use an ext2 filesystem if your usb device is a flash drive or ext 3 if it is an harddrive.

There's is no ext4 support available in this kernel and as far I know there are not going to backport it.

Ok thanks for reply.But why asus merlin use old kernel 2.6.22.19?Openwrt and ddwrt use new kernel 3.10.2 or higher.

Ok thanks for reply.But why asus merlin use old kernel 2.6.22.19?Openwrt and ddwrt use new kernel 3.10.2 or higher.

Well it's not merlins decision.
He use the same kernel as asuswrt does.
Correct me if I'm wrong but they are using this kernel probably because broadcom's SDK for wireless drivers does not support newer versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!