What's new

Skynet Skynet errors

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pedeb04

New Around Here
I've noticed some safe websites are not loading, but if I restart Skynet the website loads ok. This is happening regularly.
I have noticed when Skynet restarts I get the following message.
[*] Lock File Detected (start skynetloc=/tmp/mnt/Merlin/skynet) (pid=15263)
[*] Locked Processes Generally Take 1-2 Minutes To Complete And May Result In Temporarilys

IPTables Rules | [Failed]

Not sure why I get this message and why I have to restart Skynet to load some safe websites.

I am using the latest Skynet version on RT-AX86U_Pro.

What Skynet version are you using?

I've noticed some safe websites are not loading, but if I restart Skynet the website loads ok. This is happening regularly.
I have noticed when Skynet restarts I get the following message.
[*] Lock File Detected (start skynetloc=/tmp/mnt/Merlin/skynet) (pid=15263)
[*] Locked Processes Generally Take 1-2 Minutes To Complete And May Result In Temporarilys

IPTables Rules | [Failed]

Not sure why I get this message and why I have to restart Skynet to load some safe websites.

I am using the latest Skynet version on RT-AX86U_Pro.
Perhaps give the ol' uninstall skynet -> reboot router -> reinstall skynet option a try?

It's actually completely normal for skynet to display that lock file message... it does that anytime you restart or upgrade skynet. It resolves itself in 1-2 minutes... just keep hanging on the "r" key to reload the menu... and you'll see that's the case.

Are you using any particular blocklists, or just the defaults? Are you using diversion?

Ah yes, reloading the menu got rid of the errors thanks.
I am just using the default settings, not using diversion.
The two websites that were not loading were hosefactory.com.au and zorroaustralia.com.au
I have whitelisted them both and all ok now.

I have whitelisted them both and all ok now.
Whitelisting is sometimes a necessary step... while looking at your syslog, and you're seeing a lot of [BLOCKED - OUTBOUND] messages, do a quick reverse lookup on that IP, and you'll probably find that it's the site you are having trouble loading... next logical step is whitelisting that IP. Good job solving your issue!

I located syslog.log under tmp directory, but could not see Blocked -Outbound messages.
The message in Skynet
39356 IPs (+0) -- 2791 Ranges Banned (+0) || 3 Inbound -- 69 Outbound Connections Blocked!
Where do I see these 69 Outbound Connections Blocked!

Skynet trims the log hourly, deleting all those messages and rolling them up into that line. You need to look at the last hour, or on the gui under firewall|skynet.

I located syslog.log under tmp directory, but could not see Blocked -Outbound messages.
The message in Skynet
39356 IPs (+0) -- 2791 Ranges Banned (+0) || 3 Inbound -- 69 Outbound Connections Blocked!
Where do I see these 69 Outbound Connections Blocked!

The easiest way is right from the Asus web UI, from the menu on the left, one of the last items near the bottom, "system log"

1708092271717.png

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!