What's new

Skynet SkyNet Install

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

keef

I am having problems installing SkyNet v6. I get the error

Skynet: [ERROR] IPSet Version Not Supported

As I understand it is a compatibility issue for older Asus routers using an older kernel.

I am using an Asus RT-AC87R flashed with Merlin 3.80.61 and IPv6 and the firewall are enabled.

The drive was previously used on a different router (another 87R ) with SkyNet and Ad-Solution successfully installed. I did not erase the drive first as I was hoping to avoid making a mess of it. My Linux competence is pretty poor and I was unable to create another USB drive with and etx2 partition so I re-used this drive.

If it matters Ad-Solution re-installed and working fine.

thanks, Bj

I am having problems installing SkyNet. I get the error

Skynet: [ERROR] IPSet Version Not Supported

I am using an Asus RT-AC87R flashed with Merlin 3.80.61 and IPv6 and the firewall are enabled.

The drive was previously used on a different router (another 87R ) with SkyNet and Ad-Solution successfully installed. I did not erase the drive first as I was hoping to avoid making a mess of it. My Linux competence is pretty poor and I was unable to create another USB drive with and etx2 partition so I re-used this drive.

If it matters Ad-Solution re-installed and working fine.

thanks, Bj

Update your firmware version, you are using a firmware that's over 2 years old. Such an old version is a security risk not to mention you are missing out on performance gains/new features etc (This will also fix the error you are facing).

Update your firmware version, you are using a firmware that's over 2 years old. Such an old version is a security risk not to mention you are missing out on performance gains/new features etc (This will also fix the error you are facing).

Adamm, I think by leaving out the common sense basics I create more problems for myself. You were correct, I updated the firmware and it installed fine. One problem as it starts:

Skynet: [INFO] Startup Initiated... ( start )
find: /tmp/mnt/ab_skynet/adblocking/.config/AddPlusHosts: No such file or directory
Whitelisting Shared Domains
/jffs/scripts/firewall: line 2860: can't fork
grep:497: can't map '/lib/libcrypt.so.0'
Skynet: [Complete] 74543 IPs / 0 Ranges Banned. 0 New IPs / 0 New Ranges Banned. 0 Inbound / 0 Outbound Connections Blocked! [start] [21s]

thank you for the help

Bj

Adamm, I think by leaving out the common sense basics I create more problems for myself. You were correct, I updated the firmware and it installed fine. One problem as it starts:

find: /tmp/mnt/ab_skynet/adblocking/.config/AddPlusHosts: No such file or directory
Skynet: [Complete] 74543 IPs / 0 Ranges Banned. 0 New IPs / 0 New Ranges Banned. 0 Inbound / 0 Outbound Connections Blocked! [start] [21s]

thank you for the help

Bj
I think you need to update ab-solution and or install amtm and have the terminal menu to guide you. It's a great portal to all this stuff.

thank you for the help

Bj

Your output suggests you are first of all starting Skynet manually (which you shouldn't be doing), and second of all don't have a swap file installed.

Please download the latest Skynet version and run the install command, this should correct any issues. You may need to wipe your nvram due to such a big firmware version change too.

I think you need to update ab-solution and or install amtm and have the terminal menu to guide you. It's a great portal to all this stuff.

Well, neither will install now. AMTM installed fine. It does not open SkyNet or AB-Solution menu. I'm going to swap usb drives and do this over again.

Your output suggests you are first of all starting Skynet manually (which you shouldn't be doing), and second of all don't have a swap file installed.

Please download the latest Skynet version and run the install command, this should correct any issues. You may need to wipe your nvram due to such a big firmware version change too.

I tried installing Skynet again and it bombed out. I will swap usb drives and clear out nvram and see how that goes. Do I just issue the command mtd-erase -d nvram?

AB-Solution is installed but the menu will not open. Can I simply reboot and swap drives and install everything fresh?

thanks, Bj

I tried installing Skynet again and it bombed out. I will swap usb drives and clear out nvram and see how that goes. Do I just issue the command mtd-erase -d nvram?

AB-Solution is installed but the menu will not open. Can I simply reboot and swap drives and install everything fresh?

thanks, Bj
What I would do is erase jffs and start with new usb drive.

Well after all my

Hello. Except for one small part thankfully everything seems to be running fine. After several days Skynet still reports 0 outbound connections blocked. This does not seem correct as in the previous successful installation quite a number of blocked outbounds connections were continually reported. Any idea where I can look to resolve this?

thanks, Bj

AMTM works fine but Skynet hasnt' been working for some time now - did 2 firmware updates both versions skynet did not install. Running the lasest Merlin FW on RT88U RT-AC88U_386.1_2.zip

also when i Putty in it says "Warning potential security breach" The server's host's key does not match the one Putty has cached in the registry

anyway amtm works once i log in :
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC88U 386.1_2 Fri Feb 12 22:47:24 UTC 2021

amtm 3.1.8 FW by thelonelycoder
RT-AC88U (armv7l) FW-386.1 @ 192.168.2.9
The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

1 open Diversion v4.1.12

ep manage Entware packages

i show all available scripts or tools
u check for script updates

amtm options

Diversion and Entware are fine, just can't install Skynet anymore, same with scMerlin also won't install. When i press install and go through the steps it says Skynet or ScMerlin installation failed

What can i do

I saw the posts by @Adamm and thought how good it was to hear from him, until I saw the dates.
I miss him as I know we all do.

Sorry I can't help you, friend, but someone can.

AMTM works fine but Skynet hasnt' been working for some time now - did 2 firmware updates both versions skynet did not install. Running the lasest Merlin FW on RT88U RT-AC88U_386.1_2.zip

also when i Putty in it says "Warning potential security breach" The server's host's key does not match the one Putty has cached in the registry

anyway amtm works once i log in :
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC88U 386.1_2 Fri Feb 12 22:47:24 UTC 2021

amtm 3.1.8 FW by thelonelycoder
RT-AC88U (armv7l) FW-386.1 @ 192.168.2.9
The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

1 open Diversion v4.1.12

ep manage Entware packages

i show all available scripts or tools
u check for script updates

amtm options

Diversion and Entware are fine, just can't install Skynet anymore, same with scMerlin also won't install. When i press install and go through the steps it says Skynet or ScMerlin installation failed

What can i do
Can you try scMerlins installation manually, without amtm?

Code:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/scmerlin/master/scmerlin.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/scmerlin" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/scmerlin && /jffs/scripts/scmerlin install

Failed to connect

Celso74@RT-AC88U-7210:/tmp/home/root# /usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.gith
ubusercontent.com/jackyaz/scmerlin/master/scmerlin.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/scmerli
n" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/scmerlin && /jffs/scripts/scmerlin install
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
curl: (7) Failed to connect to raw.githubusercontent.com port 443: Connection refused
Celso74@RT-AC88U-7210:/tmp/home/root#

Failed to connect

Celso74@RT-AC88U-7210:/tmp/home/root# /usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.gith
ubusercontent.com/jackyaz/scmerlin/master/scmerlin.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/scmerli
n" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/scmerlin && /jffs/scripts/scmerlin install
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
curl: (7) Failed to connect to raw.githubusercontent.com port 443: Connection refused
Celso74@RT-AC88U-7210:/tmp/home/root#
Something is blocking your router from connecting to github

Nothing has really changed - i was using Norton before, skynet was running fine for 2 years

I have turned off all firewalls, protection - still fails to connect to install sc Merlin both manually as well as in amtm

any ideas what else it could be?

Last edited:
Got any adblockers, ublock origin, anything like that?
Just a guess.