What's new

Skynet Skynet - Router Firewall & Security Enhancements

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I get these errors while trying to do the force after the initial update.

Attachments

• D461FB60-CB92-4F6C-B6A8-17E57F461688.png
    D461FB60-CB92-4F6C-B6A8-17E57F461688.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 305
Ah, dummy me.... just saw the requirement for 384.15 .... sorry for the oversight. I guess I will wait until my new RT-AC86U gets here tomorrow and just do a fresh setup on everything. Thanks for all the hard work!

I've pushed v7.0.3

May I finally introduce the long overdue, Skynet Statistics WebUI!

OgWhLN5.png

NX1axm5.png

zTncPFV.png

v4BAIS3.png

With support for multiple chart types, sorting by IP/country, on-the-fly disabling/enabling this is just another tool to help you analyze Skynet's various forms of data. This feature is the first script to utilize the new addon API in firmware version 384.15, so updating will be required.

Big thanks to @Jack Yaz for his collaboration on the web development side of things.

Note; You will be required to run a forced update after the initial update procedure to download the new WebUI files.

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall update -f

Enjoy! ;)

@Adamm,

I noticed that after rebooting my AX88U, the Skynet tab disappeared.

Doing a force update, brought it back.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Adamm,

Thanks!

Any syslog output during the startup procedure?

@Adamm,

Thanks!

Alternatively, do you happen to have any of @Jack Yaz ui scripts installed? They may be slightly incompatible due to him using the old mounting method for /www/require/modules/menuTree.js as they have not been updated.

As a band-aid you should be able to fix the issue via restarting Skynet after boot or running the following command;

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall settings webui enable

I have a AX88U and I followed the update then force update procedure and boom it all works. Rebooted and page mounts without issues. My script environment is only AMTM, Skynet and Diversion. Nice work @Adamm and @Jack Yaz, very useful addition to an already outstanding script. :D

I get this message when trying to enable WebUi logging:

Code:
[%] Mounting Skynet Web Page As user1.asp
cp: can't stat '/tmp/mnt/sda1/skynet/webui/skynet.asp': No such file or directoy
mkdir: can't create directory '/www/ext/': No such file or directory
[*] Error - No Cron Specified To Unload
[i] WebUI Enabled
[i] Generating Stats
grep: /opt/var/log/dnsmasq*: No such file or directory

I get this message when trying to enable WebUi logging:

Code:
cp: can't stat '/tmp/mnt/sda1/skynet/webui/skynet.asp': No such file or directoy
mkdir: can't create directory '/www/ext/': No such file or directory
[*] Error - No Cron Specified To Unload
[i] WebUI Enabled
[i] Generating Stats
grep: /opt/var/log/dnsmasq*: No such file or directory

The first, third and fourth errors have been fixed in hotfixes (just run the usual update command). The second I'll have to look into further, whats the output of the following;

Code:
ls -la /www

Your install directory probably changed, re-run the install command.
Did that twice, always same result... Uninstalled/reinstalled, same result. I also deleted and redid the ext2.

I went from 380.x to 384.14_2 and if I had knew about .15 requirement for latest Skynet I would have wait a bit more.

I think for now I will uninstall Skynet and wait for .15 final before trying to install again. Unless you want me to try things to debug and see if it's something in your code?

Did that twice, always same result... Uninstalled/reinstalled, same result. I also deleted and redid the ext2.

I went from 380.x to 384.14_2 and if I had knew about .15 requirement for latest Skynet I would have wait a bit more.

I think for now I will uninstall Skynet and wait for .15 final before trying to install again. Unless you want me to try things to debug and see if it's something in your code?

The fact you mentioned having to "redo your usb" makes me believe its usb related rather then a bug in the code.

Whats the output of the following;

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall debug info

fwiw; the 384.15 requirement is only for the WebUI feature, everything else still works fine on older versions.

I even uninstalled Skynet and installed it again :\

Code:
ls -la /www

Here is the output:
https://pastebin.com/raw/nAkmZUvq[/QUOTE]

Strange as your /www/ext directory clearly exists o_O

Code:
11 Jan  2 04:45 ext -> /va r/wwwext

After updating to the latest hotfix are you still having issues?

The fact you mentioned having to "redo your usb" makes me believe its usb related rather then a bug in the code.

Whats the output of the following;

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall debug info

fwiw; the 384.15 requirement is only for the WebUI feature, everything else still works fine on older versions.
I see you are online now and I wish I could reply immediately to this great opportunity but I'm work for next 6 hours :-(

Many will want WebUI feature, it's so 2020 :)

This is the latest with hotfixes right?
Skynet Up To Date - v7.0.3 (4d74fd650c28f11b93370e3ffafe115f)

When I try to enable WebUi again I get this error:

cp: can't stat '/www/user/user1.asp': Not a directory
mkdir: can't create directory '/www/ext/': Not a directory
WebUI Enabled
Generating Stats

[1-15]:
[*] mkdir: can't create directory '/www/ext/': Not a directory Isn't An Option!

Alternatively, do you happen to have any of @Jack Yaz ui scripts installed? They may be slightly incompatible due to him using the old mounting method for /www/require/modules/menuTree.js as they have not been updated.

As a band-aid you should be able to fix the issue via restarting Skynet after boot or running the following command;

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall settings webui enable

I do have ntpMerlin and spdMerlin installed. I am at work right now but will try it again when get back home.

Thanks a lot!

Keep getting a 404 (also after a manual force update on the command line) on 384.15 alpha 1:

Code:
404 Not Found
File not found.

I've pushed v7.0.3

May I finally introduce the long overdue, Skynet Statistics WebUI!

OgWhLN5.png

NX1axm5.png

zTncPFV.png

v4BAIS3.png

With support for multiple chart types, sorting by IP/country, on-the-fly disabling/enabling this is just another tool to help you analyze Skynet's various forms of data. This feature is the first script to utilize the new addon API in firmware version 384.15, so updating will be required.

Big thanks to @Jack Yaz for his collaboration on the web development side of things.

Note; You will be required to run a forced update after the initial update procedure to download the new WebUI files.

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall update -f

Enjoy! ;)
A cursory look through the commit diff would indicate that it is still safe to update routers not running 384.15, correct?

Keep getting a 404 (also after a manual force update on the command line) on 384.15 alpha 1:

Code:
404 Not Found
File not found.
Are you not also having intermittent DNS issues? Sorry from another thread.

WebUI Enabled
Generating Stats

[1-15]:

Might need @RMerlin 's input on this one, not sure why your /www/ext directory is linked to /var rather then /tmp/var like on other devices which seems to be the cause of the issue.

I see you are online now and I wish I could reply immediately to this great opportunity but I'm work for next 6 hours :-(

Many will want WebUI feature, it's so 2020 :)

I'm usually checking pretty frequently so no worries.

I do have ntpMerlin and spdMerlin installed. I am at work right now but will try it again when get back home.

Further evaluating the issue this is most definitely the reason due to a "race" between scripts trying to mount a file. Already spoken to Jack and this will be fixed in a future update. The "restart" and "webui enable" commands should work after reboots to temporarily resolve the issue.

A cursory look through the commit diff would indicate that it is still safe to update routers not running 384.15, correct?

Correct, all the new features do a version check first before proceeding, so everything else works as expected.

Code:
404 Not Found
File not found.

As @skeal mentioned, this is most likely due to your intermittent dns issues. Wish I could be of more assistance, perhaps its time to nuke the router.

@Delusion

WebUI Enabled
Generating Stats

[1-15]:

Might need @RMerlin 's input on this one, not sure why your /www/ext directory is linked to /var rather then /tmp/var like on other devices which seems to be the cause of the issue.

You may want to rename the drive or directory called "ext" this caused me a real headache with another script that
@thelonelycoder finally asked me to change the name and everything fell in line. Use something more inert.