What's new

Skynet Skynet - Router Firewall & Security Enhancements

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Using AMTM install the scMerlin utility

You then have the option to start stop Skynet by selecting option S in the scMerlin script.

Er, the same option exists in the Skynet menu (or CLI) don’t forget :p

Er, the same option exists in the Skynet menu (or CLI) don’t forget :p
So it appears by disabling AI protect and QOS, my internet speeds get maxed out to what I am paying for on my RT-AX88U. Is it safe- does it still protect- to run skynet without AI-protect or is skynet some what dependent on it?

So it appears by disabling AI protect and QOS, my internet speeds get maxed out to what I am paying for on my RT-AX88U. Is it safe- does it still protect- to run skynet without AI-protect or is skynet some what dependent on it?

Double check your QOS configuration, even with CTF disabled (caused by enabling QOS) you should be able to max your gigabit line speed as others have on this forum. Skynet works best in conjunction with AiProtect as an additional layer, but also works independently. I personally use both.

I've happily been using Skynet and Diversion for several months now through amtm on a RT88U, so definitely new at this. It appears that Skynet is blocking Sonos (or Sonos access to Spotify) as I can only make it work when i disable Skynet.

I have only blocked a list of countries for example Iran, Russia, Ukraine, Pakistan, Vietnam etc. and have only white listed a few sites like my bank website etc. I have also tried to white list the ip address of each Sonos device on my home network (there are 5 of them) and wasn't sure if this would do anything but thought it was worth a try but alas it's still not working.

What could I do to have Skynet up and running while still have Sonos access Spotify and play music?

I've happily been using Skynet and Diversion for several months now through amtm on a RT88U, so definitely new at this. It appears that Skynet is blocking Sonos (or Sonos access to Spotify) as I can only make it work when i disable Skynet.

I have only blocked a list of countries for example Iran, Russia, Ukraine, Pakistan, Vietnam etc. and have only white listed a few sites like my bank website etc. I have also tried to white list the ip address of each Sonos device on my home network (there are 5 of them) and wasn't sure if this would do anything but thought it was worth a try but alas it's still not working.

What could I do to have Skynet up and running while still have Sonos access Spotify and play music?

Halp - BestApp.exe or BestWebsite.com Is Being Blocked;

Don't worry, tracking down false positive bans was at the core of design. Generally speaking you can follow these steps to find (and whitelist) anything incorrectly on your Blacklist!

1.) Enable Logging
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall settings logmode enable
2.) Open the blocked application/website and use the command;

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall debug watch
Now look for a flood of [BLOCKED - OUTBOUND] coming from the same IP. This most likely will be the IP you are looking for if its being spammed in large numbers.

3.) Copy the IP following "DST=" it should look something like this;
Code:
DST=175.115.37.52
4.) Double check the IP is not actually something that should be banned, use a search tool like alienvault. If its related to a domain additional "Associated Domain" information should be printed beneath the log.

Code:
https://otx.alienvault.com/indicator/ip/175.115.37.52/
5.) Great we have confirmed we found the IP of the blocked website/application we are looking for, lets whitelist it!

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall whitelist ip 175.115.37.52

@wbartels, yes, the whole internet has privacy issues. And?

I can't seem to find this information, sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to completely rest the Skynet stats and start over? I had an issue where it was blocking one of my devices by mistake and there were thousands of entries, which skews the statistics quite a bit.

I can't seem to find this information, sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to completely rest the Skynet stats and start over? I had an issue where it was blocking one of my devices by mistake and there were thousands of entries, which skews the statistics quite a bit.

As per the readme;

Code:
( sh /jffs/scripts/firewall stats reset ) Reset All Collected Logs

As per the readme;

Code:
( sh /jffs/scripts/firewall stats reset ) Reset All Collected Logs
Does using Skynet's menu, Stats - [4] Reset do the same thing?

Does using Skynet's menu, Stats - [4] Reset do the same thing?

Yes

Are some stats cumulative over a longer period? Some seem to be reset daily.

Stats are reset when the log file reaches 10MB or when a reset is manually triggered. In most cases this takes around a week of normal usage.

Stats are reset when the log file reaches 10MB or when a reset is manually triggered. In most cases this takes around a week of normal usage.
A suggestion for a future update. Somewhere convenient on the Skynet Statisics, it would be useful if it said "Since {date/time of last reset}". That would help put the counts in perspective.

In Firewall/Skynet in Chrome Skynet takes over the entire window. The rest of the normal router UI disappers, even the Skynet tab at the top. Hitting the "back" button on the browser returns to the previous state but this is a regression from previous updates.

Edit: in Safari too, did a check

In Firewall/Skynet in Chrome Skynet takes over the entire window. The rest of the normal router UI disappers, even the Skynet tab at the top. Hitting the "back" button on the browser returns to the previous state but this is a regression from previous updates.

Edit: in Safari too, did a check

That indicates there is an issue with your stats.js file, or they are still in the process of being generated.

A suggestion for a future update. Somewhere convenient on the Skynet Statisics, it would be useful if it said "Since {date/time of last reset}". That would help put the counts in perspective.

aLbyYNJ.png

;)

Adamm, I bet you bang your head against the wall with us lot asking questions that you've already answered or incorporated into your code :D:D

I'm guilty for this. Can't believe I never spotted the reset function in the menus.

Adamm, I bet you bang your head against the wall with us lot asking questions that you've already answered or incorporated into your code :D:D

I'm guilty for this. Can't believe I never spotted the reset function in the menus.

I mean its partially my fault, the documentation could be better but I've got to pick my battles somewhere :p

Skynet had a minor update today - Skynet Version; (28/03/2020) (ee146280a500d4a3893f0439c2dfaa3d)
After that Skynet Tab disappeared from router's web gui and :

Code:
Cron Jobs            | [Failed]
IPSets                   | [Failed]
IPTables Rules   | [Failed]

If i try to enable Skynet in webUI, it says - skynet not running
Tried uninstall and install - same.

@pirx73 it sounds like your router is fairly unstable with the issues you're reporting around the forums here.

I just did the Skynet update on a few routers with no issues at all. (RT-AX88U, RT-AC68U, and RT-AC86U).

Did you flash an updated CFE to your RT-AC68U, or is that what it shipped with? Most CFE's I've seen on RT-AC68U's are 1.0.2 or close to it.

A full reset to factory defaults may be needed here if you don't want to constantly be using gum and paperclips to MacGyver your router to life with each new update. :)

Skynet had a minor update today - Skynet Version; (28/03/2020) (ee146280a500d4a3893f0439c2dfaa3d)
After that Skynet Tab disappeared from router's web gui and :

Code:
Cron Jobs            | [Failed]
IPSets                   | [Failed]
IPTables Rules   | [Failed]

If i try to enable Skynet in webUI, it says - skynet not running
Tried uninstall and install - same.

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall debug info