What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sp0X

New Around Here
Hi all.
Tell me, please, what rules should be set in the VPN director so that the speed over the WAN does not drop to the speed of the VPN connection.
I only use it to access some ip from all devices. Maybe it's because I'm using wireguard? I read the entire forum, but I did not find such information.

Internet speed measured by iperf and speedtest is 2 times slower than when VPN Director is turned off. For me, this is critical, but I also want to leave VPN access.

5867496C-BFB5-44C7-82B0-BDB55C6FE786.png

The issue is caused by Wireguard, not by VPN Director.

Wireguard forces NAT acceleration to be disabled due to incompatibility between the two technologies.

388.2 will use a new feature implemented by Broadcom/Asus which will allow non-WG traffic to still benefit from NAT acceleration, except on the RT-AX88U and GT-AX11000 which at this time isn't supported by this new feature.

GT-AXE11000 good? It's the same hardware as GT-AX11000, no?
GT-AXE11000 is a different SDK version than the two others.

The issue is caused by Wireguard, not by VPN Director.

Wireguard forces NAT acceleration to be disabled due to incompatibility between the two technologies.

388.2 will use a new feature implemented by Broadcom/Asus which will allow non-WG traffic to still benefit from NAT acceleration, except on the RT-AX88U and GT-AX11000 which at this time isn't supported by this new feature.
Can you tell me when to wait for the release of 388.2?

Can you tell me when to wait for the release of 388.2?
I don't have any ETA, sorry. It depends in part on Asus creating the missing models GPL.