What's new

So far my AC-66 is terrible , gts 1/2 the connection rate

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jerry6

Very Senior Member
on all clients , be they 300 mbps N or AC N , getting 60- 130 mbps on my N client AND 90- 180 on my AC client where the RT N-66 was connecting at 180 -243 mbps on the N Clients and 240 - 300 + on the AC clients , all on 5 ghz band , don't use 2.4 . All clients and routers in same position , nothing moved . Transfer rates are down as well , between 3 - 4 MBPS slower than the RT N-66. Using latest Merlin FW
Either they sent me a bad unit , or the AC -66 just plain old sucks , really not happy with this router .

If you have a cable modem, you'll need to unplug the cable modem for 10 minutes. Or call your cable ISP and have them reset your connection. Your new router has a different MAC address.

Also, if you're coming from Merlin on N66U with EM driver, you'll almost certainly need to remove your old wireless profiles. Or give the AC66 a new SSID.

http://www.tp-link.us/article/?id=214

Edit- try changing the channel and as Sinshiva said...play with the width. I think most people leave it on "auto" on AC66 for best results (from what I've read)

Last edited:
Tried all that , same results , the AC cannot match the N-66 . The AC came with 374 FW upgraded to latest Merlin , factory reset , new SSID new settings , it just plain sucks

how did you define channel width?

Makes no difference , using 20 , 40 , 0r 20 /40 /80 all the same , connection rate is 1/2 the n-66 , transfer rates are down 2-4 MBPS on file transfers

sounds like you have a defective unit, sorry

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!