What's new

Source code build fail for RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

qwe852

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm trying to build the source code with multipass.

I follow the steps of Wiki. (https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/Compile-Firmware-from-source)

But the "make rt-ac86u" always fails.

I noticed that some .o files are missing in the console. And the end of the make log shows "recipe for target 'bin' failed".

I couldn't find these files on the folder and GitHub.

How do I retrieve these files?

Thanks

make bin
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.02hnd'
BRCM_BOARD_ID=94906REF
# prepare config_base
# prepare prebuilt kernel binary
do nothing
hnd_router platform work
cp: cannot stat '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/hnd_extra/prebuilt/bcm_extirq.o': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/hnd_extra/prebuilt/bcm_i2c.o': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/hnd_extra/prebuilt/bcm_memc_irq.o': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/hnd_extra/prebuilt/cmdlist.o': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/hnd_extra/prebuilt/nciLservices.o': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/hnd_extra/prebuilt/nciexLinuxETH.o': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/hnd_extra/prebuilt/avs.o': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/hnd_extra/prebuilt/bcmwifi_rates.h': No such file or directory
...<skip>...
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/kernel/linux-4.1'
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.02hnd'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.02hnd'
Makefile:5174: recipe for target 'bin' failed
make[1]: *** [bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.02hnd'
Makefile:5370: recipe for target 'rt-ac86u' failed
make: *** [rt-ac86u] Error 2

Last edited:
Does anyone have the same issue?
I suspect very few of the members here bother to compile their own firmware anymore - now that certain components [notably TrendMicro stuff and other closed source bits] are no longer made available with the GPL by Asus.
RMerlin seems to be the ONLY person who has been provided with special tools to incorporate those missing bits into firmware for certain Asus Router models.

As far as I know - this script still successfully compiles firmware without the TrendMicro excluded bits ...
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amcfwm-asuswrt-merlin-custom-firmware-manager.63227/

Good luck ;).

Thanks for your reply. I've been compiled successfully.
Just like you mentioned, the source code can be compiled without those .o files.

I switched OS to ubuntu 20.04. And installed automake and automake-1.15 by apt-get. The problem seems caused by automake version.

Anyway, thanks a lot.