What's new

Error code on system long

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joshuajackson

I’m running latest version of Merlin, on AX88U and I have been noticing that a lot of errors tend to pop up, mostly “CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_hostapd_sec : No WPSIE in beacon” wireless channels are set, used to be on auto but I put them on fixed channels such at 7 for 2.4 and 143 for 5ghz. Any solutions? Resets have been performed, and same thing.

What specific firmware version are you running?

How are you resetting the router?

Afterward, how are you configuring it to secure it and connect it to your ISP?

Any solutions?
Are you experiencing an actual problem? If not, then just ignore the messages. They may very well just be warnings about other clients/APs around you broadcasting an invalid beacon, and have nothing to do with your router itself.

What specific firmware version are you running?

How are you resetting the router?

Afterward, how are you configuring it to secure it and connect it to your ISP?
Firmware: RT-AX88U_3004_388.4_0.zip
I’ve tried resetting through the menu and formatting the script partition, and then I’ve tried your reset methods.
I just have a SFP converter so grabbing the isp through dhcp and VLAN 35

Are you experiencing an actual problem? If not, then just ignore the messages. They may very well just be warnings about other clients/APs around you broadcasting an invalid beacon, and have nothing to do with your router itself.
I am not too sure, i just notice after awhile my ram maxes out until I restart. But I do notice when I’m far away but have full wifi bars I get no internet even tho I’m still connected.

What about the actual configuration of the router? How are you doing that?

Are you plugging in the USB drive with first formatting it to NTFS format on a PC?

All resets / formatting needs to be done fully, and in order, to get the router to a good/known state.

What about the actual configuration of the router? How are you doing that?

Are you plugging in the USB drive with first formatting it to NTFS format on a PC?

All resets / formatting needs to be done fully, and in order, to get the router to a good/known state.
configurations are pretty basic however i tried keeping it stock but same thing, now the code "
Nov 8 16:12:42 RT-AX88U-4ED8 kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_change_station : WLC_SCB_AUTHORIZE sta_flags_mask not set "