What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - Automated speedtests with graphs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Installed ntpMerlin and rebooted. Skynet tab appears upon reboot.

Interesting issue to report:

When clicking on the Speedtest tab in the GUI that no longer displays any graphs but points to the router new FW upload/update page (???). I tried several times and keep getting the same thing.

Rebooted the router again and I get the same thing when accessing this tab:

315eba79c99c373285f43ac26e7bee8b.jpg

Now I am confused [emoji6].

Will let the router stabilize and recheck again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does the tab work without ntpmerlin? If it does i know why

Does the tab work without ntpmerlin? If it does i know why

Only happened when I was in the “develop” branch of spdMerlin. I did not have ntpMerlin installed at that time. Made sure to allow router to stabilize and rebooted a couple of times. I went back to the “master” and didn’t have that issue anymore.

I can try to switch to the “develop” branch and report what happens. Perhaps I got the steps mixed up.

Please. I'm expecting it to fail/be strange with ntpmerlin alongside spdmerlin and skynet, but with just spdMerlin and skynet it should be fine.

1. Currently on ntpMerlin and “master” spdMerlin with Skynet tab showing in webui.

2. Switched to “develop” branch of spdMerlin and left ntpMerlin unchanged. Skynet tab disappeared. Speedtest tab working as expected (displaying graphs)

3. Issued a
Code:
service reboot

4. Currently on ntpMerlin and “develop” spdMerlin and Skynet tab showing in webui. The spdMerlin tab now leads to this:

70535c8d34106de6bd372391c4cfd7a0.jpg

5. Switching to “master” branch of spdMerlin. Used “uf” twice and test works fine. The spdMerlin tab now displays the graphs sections and no more the Asus FW screen shown above. The Skynet tab disappeared and did not come back. The ntpMerlin tab is still there.

6. Issued a
Code:
service reboot

7. Currently on ntpMerlin and “master” spdMerlin and Skynet tab showing in webui. The spdMerlin tab displays the graph sections as expected. Speedtest works fine. Skynet tab showing in the webui.

8. Uninstalled ntpMerlin. The spdMerlin tab still displays the correct graph sections. Skynet tab is no longer showing.

9. Issued a
Code:
service reboot

10. spdMerlin tab displays graph sections and Skynet tab is showing. No ntpMerlin tab is showing (uninstalled on step 8).

11. Switching now to the “develop” branch of spdMerlin. Issued “uf” twice. Now the spdMerlin tab is showing the graph sections and no weird FW update/upgrade is showing. Skynet tab did not come up at all.

12. Issued a
Code:
service reboot

13. The “develop” spdMerlin tab working as expected. Speedtest via SSH working just fine. Skynet tab showing in webui with graphs.

14. Installed ntpMerlin and issued “uf” x 2. Currently on the “develop” branch of spdMerlin + ntpMerlin. The ntpMerlin tab displays the correct graph sections. The Skynet tab disappeared. The spdMerlin tab now displays this:

8f24c7e98833eece7c3a8a3c4eafb1bb.jpg
[/IMG]

15. Issued a
Code:
service reboot

16. Currently on ntpMerlin and “develop” spdMerlin and Skynet tab showing in webui. Speedtest via SSH works fine. Skynet tab showing in webui. The spdMerlin tab in webui still displays:

[/IMG]

17. Switching to the “master” branch spdMerlin. Issued “uf” twice. Left ntpMerlin intact. Now the spdMerlin tab in webui is displaying the expected graph sections. Skynet tab did not come up after the router stabilizing for longer than 5 minutes. Will issue another reboot.

18. After reboot the ntpMerlin, “master” spdMerlin and Skynet tabs are showing in webui and displaying the expected info. All speed tests working fine via SSH.

Hope this helps.

1. Currently on ntpMerlin and “master” spdMerlin with Skynet tab showing in webui.

2. Switched to “develop” branch of spdMerlin and left ntpMerlin unchanged. Skynet tab disappeared. Speedtest tab working as expected (displaying graphs)

3. Issued a
Code:
service reboot

4. Currently on ntpMerlin and “develop” spdMerlin and Skynet tab showing in webui. The spdMerlin tab now leads to this:

70535c8d34106de6bd372391c4cfd7a0.jpg

5. Switching to “master” branch of spdMerlin. Used “uf” twice and test works fine. The spdMerlin tab now displays the graphs sections and no more the Asus FW screen shown above. The Skynet tab disappeared and did not come back. The ntpMerlin tab is still there.

6. Issued a
Code:
service reboot

7. Currently on ntpMerlin and “master” spdMerlin and Skynet tab showing in webui. The spdMerlin tab displays the graph sections as expected. Speedtest works fine. Skynet tab showing in the webui.

8. Uninstalled ntpMerlin. The spdMerlin tab still displays the correct graph sections. Skynet tab is no longer showing.

9. Issued a
Code:
service reboot

10. spdMerlin tab displays graph sections and Skynet tab is showing. No ntpMerlin tab is showing (uninstalled on step 8).

11. Switching now to the “develop” branch of spdMerlin. Issued “uf” twice. Now the spdMerlin tab is showing the graph sections and no weird FW update/upgrade is showing. Skynet tab did not come up at all.

12. Issued a
Code:
service reboot

13. The “develop” spdMerlin tab working as expected. Speedtest via SSH working just fine. Skynet tab showing in webui with graphs.

14. Installed ntpMerlin and issued “uf” x 2. Currently on the “develop” branch of spdMerlin + ntpMerlin. The ntpMerlin tab displays the correct graph sections. The Skynet tab disappeared. The spdMerlin tab now displays this:

[/IMG]

15. Issued a
Code:
service reboot

16. Currently on ntpMerlin and “develop” spdMerlin and Skynet tab showing in webui. Speedtest via SSH works fine. Skynet tab showing in webui. The spdMerlin tab in webui still displays:

[/IMG]

17. Switching to the “master” branch spdMerlin. Issued “uf” twice. Left ntpMerlin intact. Now the spdMerlin tab in webui is displaying the expected graph sections. Skynet tab did not come up after the router stabilizing for longer than 5 minutes. Will issue another reboot.

18. After reboot the ntpMerlin, “master” spdMerlin and Skynet tabs are showing in webui and displaying the expected info. All speed tests working fine via SSH.

Hope this helps.

cool, behaving as i'd expect then, thanks. ntpmerlin hasn't been updated for 384.15 and will cause mounting issues as each of my scripts check for the others, due to the hacky way i had to mount pages pre 384.15

cool, behaving as i'd expect then, thanks. ntpmerlin hasn't been updated for 384.15 and will cause mounting issues as each of my scripts check for the others, due to the hacky way i had to mount pages pre 384.15
@Marin Can you try the develop branch of ntpmerlin please? It /should/ work fine alongside develop spdmerlin and Skynet now. After editing the script to develop, launching ntpmerlin will download a new config file. You need to then run option uf, followed by the below command after exiting ntpmerlin:
Code:
/opt/etc/init.d/S77ntpd restart

@Marin Can you try the develop branch of ntpmerlin please? It /should/ work fine alongside develop spdmerlin and Skynet now. After editing the script to develop, launching ntpmerlin will download a new config file. You need to then run option uf, followed by the below command after exiting ntpmerlin:
Code:
/opt/etc/init.d/S77ntpd restart

1. Installed the “develop” branch of ntpMerlin and applied the above commands. I am still on the “master” branch of spdMerlin. Both tabs still pointing to the expected graphs after installation.

Skynet tab disappeared after doing the above and did not come up at all - waited at least 10 minutes for it to show up but no success.

2. Rebooted router and allowed it to stabilize.

3. Now I have two ntpMerlin tabs showing. One that displays the usual graph sections and another one that is a semi-blank page that states the following info: “Administration feedback. Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback....”

Issues another “uf” on ntpMerlin via SSH and the previously working ntpMerlin tab disappeared and I only have the “feedback” tab along with spdMerlin one.

The spdMerlin tab displays the expected info-no issues to report.

The Skynet tab did not come up. Had to restart it via SSH.

1. Installed the “develop” branch of ntpMerlin and applied the above commands. I am still on the “master” branch of spdMerlin. Both tabs still pointing to the expected graphs after installation.

Skynet tab disappeared after doing the above and did not come up at all - waited at least 10 minutes for it to show up but no success.

2. Rebooted router and allowed it to stabilize.

3. Now I have two ntpMerlin tabs showing. One that displays the usual graph sections and another one that is a semi-blank page that states the following info: “Administration feedback. Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback....”

Issues another “uf” on ntpMerlin via SSH and the previously working ntpMerlin tab disappeared and I only have the “feedback” tab along with spdMerlin one.

The spdMerlin tab displays the expected info-no issues to report.

The Skynet tab did not come up. Had to restart it via SSH.
You need to be on develop spdmerlin as well (as I put in my message!)

You need to be on develop spdmerlin as well (as I put in my message!)

1. Already on both “develop” branches of ntpMerlin and spdMerlin. Applied “uf” and reapplies the ntpd restart command as above.

2. The ntpMerlin tab still shows the administrative feedback page and the spdMerlin one displays the expected info. The Skynet tab disappeared.

3. Rebooted router and allowed to stabilize

4. I am having hard time accessing webui as the page is not loading up. Did restart httpd but no success. I am able to access it though via SSH.

So I am not able to view both tabs on webui because it is still not coming up for me to log in.

1. Already on both “develop” branches of ntpMerlin and spdMerlin. Applied “uf” and reapplies the ntpd restart command as above.

2. The ntpMerlin tab still shows the administrative feedback page and the spdMerlin one displays the expected info. The Skynet tab disappeared.

3. Rebooted router and allowed to stabilize

4. I am having hard time accessing webui as the page is not loading up. Did restart httpd but no success. I am able to access it though via SSH.

So I am not able to view both tabs on webui because it is still not coming up for me to log in.

Can you provide a list of the contents of /www/user please, and a copy of /tmp/menuTree.js?

Can you provide a list of the contents of /www/user please, and a copy of /tmp/menuTree.js?

Webui is up and both tabs are working correctly. Had to restart Skynet as it didn’t come up.

Do you still need the content of what you asked?

Webui is up and both tabs are working correctly. Had to restart Skynet as it didn’t come up.

It'd be useful if you could reboot, wait until skynet has finished (check syslog), then check which tabs appear. If all working, yay! If any missing, then yes please to requested info.

I've pushed 2 small changes to spdmerlin and ntpmerlin, they will probably do nothing, but may help.

Skynet tab is not reporting any data despite restarting it via SSH.

Skynet tab is not reporting any data despite restarting it via SSH.

Will await a little longer and attempt another reboot.

If you mean all the charts/tables say no data, it is probably because the stats job hasn't run. Use the button on Skynet tab to give it a kick

1. Applied the above minor updates. Did not reboot yet.

2. SkyNet’s lock file took quite a bit this time but it is finally gone and the stats are now showing in webui tab. The ntpMerlin and spdMerlin tabs also work as expected.

3. Will service reboot again and report back.