What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - Automated speedtests with graphs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

1. Applied the above minor updates. Did not reboot yet.

2. SkyNet’s lock file took quite a bit this time but it is finally gone and the stats are now showing in webui tab. The ntpMerlin and spdMerlin tabs also work as expected.

3. Will service reboot again and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happen to look at both spdMerlin and ntpMerlin tabs before rebooting and:

1. The ntpMerlin tab is back to its Administrative feedback page

2. The spdMerlin is showing this again:

7f837656f907e1d9fde5d2c8584f024d.jpg
[/IMG]

4. Will apply a “uf” on both spdMerlin and ntpMerlin again.

3. Will reboot.

[/IMG]

3. Will reboot.

Can you double check that you don't have connmon or uidivstats installed please? I'm really perplexed as to how they keep reverting like this!

[/IMG]

3. Will reboot.

Rebooted and all tabs (spdMerlin, ntpMerlin and Skynet) are displaying all the expected info!

Can you double check that you don't have connmon or uidivstats installed please? I'm really perplexed as to how they keep reverting like this!

I don’t have the uiDivstats installed.

I don’t have the uiDivstats installed.

I don’t have connmon installed either. So far, all stats are displaying properly on all the tabs.

Not having any success in getting Skynet tab to appear.

AC86 - 384.15 (Update file downloaded 1/5/20 ) (First upgraded to 14.2 )

Removed connmon never have used ntpMerlin

Running AMTM, Entware, Skynet, spdMerlin, scMerlin and have a swap file.

Have followed suggestions in the thread, including reboots, service starts, rebooted all entware scripts using scMerlin.

I have tried using both develop & master spdMerlin with multiple forced updates of each

One thing I noted when I rolled back to develop branch the graphical output for my two VPN clients disappeared. Then reverted back to master and the graphs reappeared for the VPN clients but all data for both WAN and VPN interfaces was gone.

Nothing in the log jumps out except an early on entry for USB not mounted which was also reported on network map page temporarily but then it showed up and I could confirm that my traffic stats were there.

Before doing anything to radical as a reset I want to confirm that 384.15 is stable.

I will keep an eye on the thread and see what other suggestions are made.

Thanks for your efforts.

Not having any success in getting Skynet tab to appear.

AC86 - 384.15 (Update file downloaded 1/5/20 ) (First upgraded to 14.2 )

Removed connmon never have used ntpMerlin

Running AMTM, Entware, Skynet, spdMerlin, scMerlin and have a swap file.

Have followed suggestions in the thread, including reboots, service starts, rebooted all entware scripts using scMerlin.

I have tried using both develop & master spdMerlin with multiple forced updates of each

One thing I noted when I rolled back to develop branch the graphical output for my two VPN clients disappeared. Then reverted back to master and the graphs reappeared for the VPN clients but all data for both WAN and VPN interfaces was gone.

Nothing in the log jumps out except an early on entry for USB not mounted which was also reported on network map page temporarily but then it showed up and I could confirm that my traffic stats were there.

Before doing anything to radical as a reset I want to confirm that 384.15 is stable.

I will keep an eye on the thread and see what other suggestions are made.

Thanks for your efforts.
After the switch to develop, you'll need to run u/uf at least twice to pull down all the right files. Then reboot. All should behave then

After the switch to develop, you'll need to run u/uf at least twice to pull down all the right files. Then reboot. All should behave then

I went back to develop on spdMerlin (3.1.0). Forced update three times the rebooted.

1. Speed test works fine but I had to manually configure the two VPN interfaces, servers, times etc. Prior settings were gone. History of prior tests did come back.

2. No Skynet tab or charts but Skynet is running.

I went back to develop on spdMerlin (3.1.0). Forced update three times the rebooted.

1. Speed test works fine but I had to manually configure the two VPN interfaces, servers, times etc. Prior settings were gone. History of prior tests did come back.

2. No Skynet tab or charts but Skynet is running.
Hm, the config file should have been migrated from /jffs/configs to /jffs/addons/spdMerlin.d at first run. It's worked the few times I've tested it here, so not sure what happened there, sorry!
Try disabling and reenabling the Skynet WebUI, see if it comes back

Hm, the config file should have been migrated from /jffs/configs to /jffs/addons/spdMerlin.d at first run. It's worked the few times I've tested it here, so not sure what happened there, sorry!
Try disabling and reenabling the Skynet WebUI, see if it comes back

When I said Skynet is running I can go into it through the script on AMTM but there isn't a tab under tools.

I will though try to remove skynet then reinstall and see if that accomplishes anything.

Further Attempts:

Went into Skynet settings and turned off Display WebUi then turned back on and rebooted. Nothing.

Removed Skynet, reinstalled Skynet then forced update spdMerlin 2x and rebooted nothing. I did however get the strange screen one other poster copied something to the affect Install ASUS. Rebooted again and still no Skynet tab.

Last edited:
I have Skynet installed along with spdMerlin using the develop branch. I’ve run u and uf a couple of times and rebooted my router a few times

The config file has been migrated from /jffs/configs to /jffs/addons/spdMerlin.d

spdMerlin is displaying its results and the skynet tab is there after every reboot

I’m not sure if the above is helpful, if not I will go back to following this thread with a confused look on my face [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have Skynet installed along with spdMerlin using the develop branch. I’ve run u and uf a couple of times and rebooted my router a few times

The config file has been migrated from /jffs/configs to /jffs/addons/spdMerlin.d

spdMerlin is displaying its results and the skynet tab is there after every reboot

I’m not sure if the above is helpful, if not I will go back to following this thread with a confused look on my face [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sounds like all is good for you!

When I said Skynet is running I can go into it through the script on AMTM but there isn't a tab under tools.

I will though try to remove skynet then reinstall and see if that accomplishes anything.

Further Attempts:

Went into Skynet settings and turned off Display WebUi then turned back on and rebooted. Nothing.

Removed Skynet, reinstalled Skynet then forced update spdMerlin 2x and rebooted nothing. I did however get the strange screen one other poster copied something to the affect Install ASUS. Rebooted again and still no Skynet tab.
Please post contents/listing of /jffs/scripts /www/user and /jffs/addons

v3.1.0 is now available

Please run option uf after updating, and reboot.

Changelog:
Code:
384.15 compatibility
HTMLHint compliance

Please post contents/listing of /jffs/scripts /www/user and /jffs/addons
Not very familiar with all the tools in WinSCP. I know I can't download the binary files directly. What are you looking for?

For instance you don't want me in jffs/scripts to copy and download all the code in in each script unmount, spdMerlin, etc or do you? I haven't figured out how to take a screen shot or capture of a Win SCP page.

I have made several more futile attempts to get the tab to appear but on occasion I am getting the same screen as shown in post 414 after a couple of forced updates when I click on the speedtest tab. It then takes several reboots of the router to get the graphs to appear.

Not very familiar with all the tools in WinSCP. I know I can't download the binary files directly. What are you looking for?

For instance you don't want me in jffs/scripts to copy and download all the code in in each script unmount, spdMerlin, etc or do you? I haven't figured out how to take a screen shot or capture of a Win SCP page.

I have made several more futile attempts to get the tab to appear but on occasion I am getting the same screen as shown in post 414 after a couple of forced updates when I click on the speedtest tab. It then takes several reboots of the router to get the graphs to appear.
Using ls -la will do :)

Using ls -la will do :)
TheMan@RT-AC86U-E488:/tmp/home/root# is la
-sh: is: not found
TheMan@RT-AC86U-E488:/tmp/home/root# ls -la
drwx------ 4 TheMan root 100 Jan 5 15:58 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 TheMan root 60 Dec 31 1969 ..
-rw------- 1 TheMan root 18 Jan 5 18:53 .ash_history
drwxrwxrwx 3 TheMan root 60 Jan 5 15:58 .config
drwx------ 2 TheMan root 60 May 5 2018 .ssh

Is this what you want?

Both spdMerlin and ntpMerlin working just fine here on “master” configuration along with Skynet.

To maintain peace in the household I got out my standby AC1900P and put it on my test bench and tried to get Skynet tab to appear on it. No success. Its settings do mirror my AC86 as much as possible.

1. Upgraded from 384.14 - 384.15 then updated all scripts. Nothing after a reboot

2. Reverted to 384.14 removed all scripts and then updated to 384.15, formatted USB drive again, installed entware, created swap file, installed spMerlin and then Skynet rebooted router no Skynet tab. Did multiple uf on spMerlin and still nothing. In fact only getting WAN to appear on Speed Test tab. VPN1 & VPN3 don't show up. When I run a speed test from the app itself there is an error message. (see attached file). The speed test does run successfully for WAN & VPN3. When I try and revert to develop branch of spMerlin the app seems to force itself back to master.

3. After giving up for now on getting Skynet tab to work installed scMerlin and connmon with no problems.

I will continue to experiment with my AC1900P since when it is off line during a reboot it doesn't result in an angry wife. If you have any suggestions of what I should try I am all ears. Thanks.

Attachments

• errorVPN1.txt
    621 bytes · Views: 222