What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - Automated speedtests with graphs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

both speedtest and uptime monitoring GUI show no stats. Uptime monitoring cant click on any headers and speedtest shows just no data. If I run spdmerlin I get

QLite header and source version mismatch
2019-07-10 17:32:03 fc82b73eaac8b36950e527f12c4b5dc1e147e6f4ad2217ae43ad82882a88bfa6
2019-10-10 20:19:45 18db032d058f1436ce3dea84081f4ee5a0f2259ad97301d43c426bc7f3df1b0b
sed: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/csv/Uploaddaily_VPNC1.tmp: No such file or directory
head: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/csv/Uploaddaily_VPNC1.tmp: No such file or directory
awk: cmd. line:1: Division by zero
SQLite header and source version mismatch

I uninstalled and installed again no joy.

Skynet, Diversion, Transmission all working well. (ac86u)

I do it manually by going to the website I mentioned above
Oh, my bad, I found the server ID there.

About option 7 to schedule when to do them
I have setup star hour 18, end hour 2

So from my understanding is going to perform test every half hour from 18:00 to 2:00? No way to set it up to make the check every 2hs or 3hs?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RT-AC86U 384.15, RT-AC68U aimesh node 384.15, diversion, uidivstats, Skynet, scribe, uiscribe, conmon, spdMerlin, scmerlin, nsrum, OpenVPN

Does anyone know what is going on here with OpenVPN Clients? It doesn't do it every time, but it always does it on VPNC2 between start and finish of the speedtest, or it has far back as I can see. This one was at 18:13 and the previous was at 17:12 and it had over 2500 entries. Most of the time they haven't been that many. Today's was at (0, 1, 6, 7, 8, 10, and 12):43 and at (14, 17, and 18):12. I searched and didn't find anything. I have turned this client instance off to see if it will happen again without it. I'm thinking it has something to do with VPNC2's configuration there. VPNC1-3 are all configured the same except for what is selectively routed through them.
TIA, jts
upload_2020-3-31_18-53-41.png

Hi,
When trying to select a different server to perform speedtest, I'm.only able to select the 10 closest. If I want one specific, which is listed in speedtest like i3D.net Sao Paulo, but don't know it's IP.
How can I expand the list of server options to select it?

Thanks!
The list servers command for the speedtest binary only returns 10, it doesn't seem possible to have it return more at this time. Finding the ID manually as suggested is the only method I'm aware of

both speedtest and uptime monitoring GUI show no stats. Uptime monitoring cant click on any headers and speedtest shows just no data. If I run spdmerlin I get

QLite header and source version mismatch
2019-07-10 17:32:03 fc82b73eaac8b36950e527f12c4b5dc1e147e6f4ad2217ae43ad82882a88bfa6
2019-10-10 20:19:45 18db032d058f1436ce3dea84081f4ee5a0f2259ad97301d43c426bc7f3df1b0b
sed: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/csv/Uploaddaily_VPNC1.tmp: No such file or directory
head: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/csv/Uploaddaily_VPNC1.tmp: No such file or directory
awk: cmd. line:1: Division by zero
SQLite header and source version mismatch

I uninstalled and installed again no joy.

Skynet, Diversion, Transmission all working well. (ac86u)
Run
Code:
opkg update && opkg remove --autoremove sqlite3-cli && opkg install sqlite3-cli

RT-AC86U 384.15, RT-AC68U aimesh node 384.15, diversion, uidivstats, Skynet, scribe, uiscribe, conmon, spdMerlin, scmerlin, nsrum, OpenVPN

Does anyone know what is going on here with OpenVPN Clients? It doesn't do it every time, but it always does it on VPNC2 between start and finish of the speedtest, or it has far back as I can see. This one was at 18:13 and the previous was at 17:12 and it had over 2500 entries. Most of the time they haven't been that many. Today's was at (0, 1, 6, 7, 8, 10, and 12):43 and at (14, 17, and 18):12. I searched and didn't find anything. I have turned this client instance off to see if it will happen again without it. I'm thinking it has something to do with VPNC2's configuration there. VPNC1-3 are all configured the same except for what is selectively routed through them.
TIA, jts
View attachment 22301
I suspect vpn config as well - is it tcp or udp? Can you provide a full copy of one of the log lines please?

I suspect vpn config as well - is it tcp or udp? Can you provide a full copy of one of the log lines please?

It is UDP. I turned off VPNC2 and it has only did it once since, at 7:12. Here is a line from it:

Apr 1 07:12:56 RT-AC86U-8F38 ovpn-client3[3282]: AEAD Decrypt error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #125429 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings

After looking at it, that may not be exactly what the others said. I will see.

No, I believe it's the same. Here is an older one:
Mar 27 18:29:14 RT-AC86U-8F38 ovpn-client2[20201]: AEAD Decrypt error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #58551 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings

And, here's another at 17:42, about 40 of these lines. It don't look to be server specific, I took out Dallas, and am still connected to St Louis and Salt Lake City, unless they are all configured the same. Same VPN provider. It may be something in my client configuration. Do you want more than one line?

Apr 1 16:42:41 RT-AC86U-8F38 ovpn-client1[2959]: AEAD Decrypt error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #1544727 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings

BTW, I know you must be one busy guy, and I didn't mean to bother you with this.

Thanks,
jts

Last edited:
Greetings All,

Just wanted to share that I have installed this addon on my AC1900P yesterday and it is working great. My ISP is Comcast and my package is 200 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up.

An observation I do have is that with QOS enabled, while the download speed recorded is not limited by QOS (I regular hit 230+ Mb/s, the upload speed is limited by QOS. I was able to verify this by limiting my upload speed to 9 Mbps vs 10.5 Mb/s and sure enough the subsequent upload speedtest registered a max of 8.6 Mb/s for the next 2 runs. When I put my upload speed back to 10.5 Mb/s, my upload speedtests went back up to 10 Mb/s.

I am using Fresh Jr.s QOS script so don't know if that is factor in this.

My QOS is setup is as follows:

QOS Type: Adaptive
Bandwidth Setting: Manual
Queue Discipline: FQ_Codel,
WAN Packet Overhead: 18
Upload Bandwidth: 10.5 Mb/s
Download Bandwidth: 215 Mb/s

Greetings All,

Just wanted to share that I have installed this addon on my AC1900P yesterday and it is working great. My ISP is Comcast and my package is 200 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up.

An observation I do have is that with QOS enabled, while the download speed recorded is not limited by QOS (I regular hit 230+ Mb/s, the upload speed is limited by QOS. I was able to verify this by limiting my upload speed to 9 Mbps vs 10.5 Mb/s and sure enough the subsequent upload speedtest registered a max of 8.6 Mb/s for the next 2 runs. When I put my upload speed back to 10.5 Mb/s, my upload speedtests went back up to 10 Mb/s.

I am using Fresh Jr.s QOS script so don't know if that is factor in this.

My QOS is setup is as follows:

QOS Type: Adaptive
Bandwidth Setting: Manual
Queue Discipline: FQ_Codel,
WAN Packet Overhead: 18
Upload Bandwidth: 10.5 Mb/s
Download Bandwidth: 215 Mb/s

My upload speed diminished also, from 10 to about 7. I have since disabled and removed it.

My upload speed diminished also, from 10 to about 7. I have since disabled and removed it.
spdMerlin is not negatively impacting my upload at all. Its results is limited by QOS if it’s enabled is all I’m reporting.

Code:
sqlite3 /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/spdstats.db ".mode csv" ".headers on" "select * from spdstats_WAN;" > /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/results.csv

The second one worked great for me!!

Thanks!!

Worked great for me too, once I worked out I had to convert the Unix Timestamp column in the .CSV file into separate Date and Time columns, with formulas, to make it look sensible.

This link helped me sort it out ... maybe it will help someone else?

[Link]

Hey @Jack Yaz, this is a great add-on, thank you!
Any chance of spdMerlin having a button in your GUI to export the database as a CSV, but with the Unix Timestamp already converted into readable Date and Time Columns, and then presented as a downloadable file? I think a few of us would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance for at least considering it :)

Last edited:
spdMerlin is not negatively impacting my upload at all. Its results is limited by QOS if it’s enabled is all I’m reporting.

Nor is it mine. I was agreeing with you that Adaptive QoS affected my upload. Perhaps I wasn't clear. I have since uninstalled FreshJR's Adaptive QOS and turned off the QoS feature on my router, and my upload speed is back up to what it is supposed to be. It may be that I didn't know how to configure it properly. SpdMerlin is working properly for me.

Nor is it mine. I was agreeing with you that Adaptive QoS affected my upload. Perhaps I wasn't clear. I have since uninstalled FreshJR's Adaptive QOS and turned off the QoS feature on my router, and my upload speed is back up to what it is supposed to be. It may be that I didn't know how to configure it properly. SpdMerlin is working properly for me.
I understand now. FreshJR’s QOS works quite nicely if setup correctly. I have great VoIP quality because of it.

@Jack Yaz Is it possible to setup schedule to perform test every 2 or 3 hours? Because doing it every half hour it's not necessary for me. Thanks!

If you know how to edit the script, you can manipulate the function that generates the cron job. It's not something I'm looking to add currently.
Not so much into scripting but I'm going to give a look at it... it'll be a good practice [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

v3.3.2 is now available
Changelog:
Code:
Ensure traffic from spdmerlin is not subject to QoS limits
When will that be applied? Is simply updating enough?? Will it apply at the next run??

I think the code change in GitHub seems to enter the IPTABLES entries just before the test and removes them just after...

Am i correct??

Last edited: