What's new

Spotify blocked

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kittyhawk

New Around Here
RT-AX86U - I have set parental controls (Time Scheduling) for my grandkids. I have set specific internet off times for throughout the day. One of the kids has Spotify. When the Parental controls are active she cannot access Spotify. All other programs work as advertised. I have to disable her parental controls (Time Scheduling) in order for Spotify to access the web and to work. What gives? Anyone have an answer or suggestions?

Clarification: The Spotify is running on a Windows 11 machine. All other devices in the house are Apple Mac (if that makes any difference).

Spotify by default needs Internet connectivity. See this:

I think @kittyhawk means that the windows PC can't access Spotify when the Parental controls enable the internet, but with parental controls disabled altogether the connection is fine. So no connection to Spotify with parental controls enabled, no matter what the state is.

So no connection to Spotify with parental controls enabled, no matter what the state is.

If this is the case - not surprised. I don't remember the firmware version, but last time I played with Time Scheduling it wasn't working properly. If the ISP line is below 300-350Mbps I would try enabling Bandwidth Limiter in QoS, it will disable Runner and Flow Cache as incompatible, then reboot the router (it will reboot anyway after the change) and try again with Time Scheduling. If no luck again - report the issue to Asus in Feedback Form, wait for firmware update. Nothing else can be done on the user side.

Last edited:
RT-AX86U - I have set parental controls (Time Scheduling) for my grandkids. I have set specific internet off times for throughout the day. One of the kids has Spotify. When the Parental controls are active she cannot access Spotify. All other programs work as advertised. I have to disable her parental controls (Time Scheduling) in order for Spotify to access the web and to work. What gives? Anyone have an answer or suggestions?

Why bother - let them listen to their music...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!