What's new

SSD Dock Station on AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

akiac86U

New Around Here
I am planning to buy a 4 bay SSD Dock Station which connect to USB 3 port. I wonder whether I can plug this to AC86U Router and sees all 4 SSDs?
Anyone did this before. Please share your experience. Thanks

I am planning to buy a 4 bay SSD Dock Station which connect to USB 3 port. I wonder whether I can plug this to AC86U Router and sees all 4 SSDs?
Anyone did this before. Please share your experience. Thanks
And... Why not should they work? This is just the purpose of a USB hub.
I've attached to my RT-AC86 a 3-port USB hub and I've verified that my 16GB USB pendrive and a USB 4G módem are seen by it if I connect them at the same time.
I don't know if this is correct for a four-disk SSD dock station. Do it have external power source or have it to be fed through its USB port?

And... Why not should they work? This is just the purpose of a USB hub.
Attaching single external SSD works very well but planning to get a dock with 5 bays to have more storage space for the users. There is an external power source

Because some people have reported that certain hub devices do not work with their Asus routers.

What specific Dock Station are you planning to buy? Maybe one of the forum members has experience with it.
Planning to get the following product. There's an external power source

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!