What's new

Strange AiMesh problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brobin

Occasional Visitor
I have a pair of AC1750 B1 routers connected with Ethernet in an AiMesh network with wireless backhaul disabled. A couple of days ago the one that is the node was not providing WiFi. The WiFi light was flickering normally but it wasn't transmitting. The primary was fine. I rebooted the node several times and even tried a spare 1750 B1 but there was still no WiFi. Then I rebooted the primary node and when it was back online I had WiFi from the node. It hasn't happened again. Any ideas on what happened?

It's called a glitch. Unless it happens with a given set of steps, nobody can know.

it happen :) this is the reason people set schedule reboot of primary router Administration - System - Enable Reboot Scheduler - if needed every day, if not every week

I have a pair of AC1750 B1 routers connected with Ethernet in an AiMesh network with wireless backhaul disabled. A couple of days ago the one that is the node was not providing WiFi. The WiFi light was flickering normally but it wasn't transmitting. The primary was fine. I rebooted the node several times and even tried a spare 1750 B1 but there was still no WiFi. Then I rebooted the primary node and when it was back online I had WiFi from the node. It hasn't happened again. Any ideas on what happened?

The one time I lost AC86U WiFi after a firmware update, I reflashed the firmware and started over.

OE

Thank you all for your replies. I do have a daily reboot scheduled at 5am so it happened after (or as a result of) that. The auto-reboot the next morning didn't fix it. It wasn't till I pulled the plug the next day that it worked, so it needed a cold reboot. Unless it happens again I'll go with "glitch" and forget about it. I can easily set up a daily cold reboot with a an X10 module (yes I still use them!) if I need to do that instead.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!