What's new

Strange Behavior 354

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

applesnowleo

Regular Contributor
I noticed after a clean install of 354 oficial from Asus the My Client Status shows my synology DS three times in the same ip, maybe Merlin could look at this when in the weekend he launches is merlin build.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 18.35.42.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 18.35.42.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 309
I noticed after a clean install of 354 oficial from Asus the My Client Status shows my synology DS three times in the same ip, maybe Merlin could look at this when in the weekend he launches is merlin build.

Can you click/hover on your entries to see if they all have the same MAC address?

Hello Merlin, thanks for your reply.

Now I have the Synology repeating ip 2 times on 140 and 141, each 140 have is own mac address, and the 141 repeats the same addreses from the 140.

I do not know if I explaned well.

140 Mac ends on 24
140 Mac ends on 25
141 Mac ends on 24 again
141 Mac ends on 25 also again

Hope it helps.

Maybe is the link agregation function of the synology dual network, but on 26b this did not happen, only one ip to each connection.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 19.34.04.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 19.34.04.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:
Can you click/hover on your entries to see if they all have the same MAC address?

In the case of my WNCE2001 ethernet bridge, both entries in the client list have the same MAC address and client names, but different IP's. In the DHCP Lease log, though, the information is correct, the WNCE2001 MAC address is shown only once, and the client connected to it is also shown once with it's own MAC address.

I've gotten used to this, confused me the first time I saw it, but now I know what it means *smile*.

Hello Merlin, thanks for your reply.

Now I have the Synology repeating ip 2 times on 140 and 141, each 140 have is own mac address, and the 141 repeats the same addreses from the 140.

I do not know if I explaned well.

140 Mac ends on 24
140 Mac ends on 25
141 Mac ends on 24 again
141 Mac ends on 25 also again

Hope it helps.

Maybe is the link agregation function of the synology dual network, but on 26b this did not happen, only one ip to each connection.

Networkmap bases its list on ARP entries. Two different MACs will generate two different entries for sure. I suspect what you are seeing is indeed a side-effect of link aggregation. And since past entries don't get removed, then you might be seeing duplicates because there was an update at some point. If you try a refresh, I suspect you might end up back with only two entries.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!