What's new

Streaming TV app is location based

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jeffb

Occasional Visitor
Asus RT 5300 AC Router w/Merlin and Express VPN installed,
PSVue will not accept the network connection due to being “location based” Connected to the Chicago server as that is closest. Contacted ExpressVPN with no success.

Am willing to invest in another device as my wireless speed is also limited due to CPU.

Any advice on resolving VPN and protecting network and also increasing speed would be appreciated!?

Thank You

Build a pfsense pc based router, use asus as a wifi ap. Will solve your problem.
Asus RT 5300 AC Router w/Merlin and Express VPN installed,
PSVue will not accept the network connection due to being “location based” Connected to the Chicago server as that is closest. Contacted ExpressVPN with no success.

Am willing to invest in another device as my wireless speed is also limited due to CPU.

Any advice on resolving VPN and protecting network and also increasing speed would be appreciated!?

Thank You

Streaming content services have gotten smarter about enforcing country restrictions due to pressure from content owners. Many now detect and block traffic from VPNs.

Thanks, am planning to try Untangle on an I5 Qocom box. Hopefully I can route correctly.

I watch PS-Vue from my location in SE Asia with ExpressVPN (ovpn on Asus AC86U) using Washington, Seattle, NY and LA servers....but there is a caveat with your "home location" and using devices away from your home location, ie; using a vpn server outside your billing address location. Once you set that up with Ps-Vue you will be able to connect.