What's new

Synology reveals its RT2600ac router at Computex

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLostSwede

Very Senior Member
Synology revealed its new RT2600ac router at Computex this week and below is a quick look at what to expect.

rt2600ac_1.jpg

Design wise the RT2600ac looks similar to other manufacturers AC2600 models with four fairly large, removable antennas spread across three sides of the router. There's a front mounted full-size SD card slot, as well as a USB 3.0 port on the left hand side.

rt2600ac_3.jpg

Around the back it looks quite empty, with a power switch by the power connector, a single USB 2.0 port, a WAN port and four LAN ports. Note that the first LAN port can be re-purposed as a WAN port and this is simply done using the web UI. The RT2600ac also supports fail-over, either via the second WAN port, or via a 3G/4G dongle inserted into one of the USB ports. This is all easily configurable in the web UI.

One small snag is that the "stand" is not removable, yet there are wall mounting holes on the bottom of the RT2600ac. Hopefully Synology will fix this before they launch the product, or there's a risk there will be some upset customers.

The RT2600ac is based on Qualcomm hardware, but Synology didn't reveal any specifics beyond it being a 1.7GHz dual-core SoC and the fact that this is a second generation MU-MIMO router.
Synology is expecting to launch the RT2600ac towards the end of the year, at an unknown price point.

rt2600ac_2.jpg

Last edited:
synology go mark 2 on their venture into the router world

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-synology-announces-new-rt2600ac-router-computex-2016

2600ac class so 1733Mbps on its 5GHz band and up to 800Mbps on its 2.4GHz band and mimo capable

Synology RT2600ac is powered by a 1.7GHz dual-core processor, presumably a solution from Qualcomm. The router will also offer USB 3.0 ports and an SD card reader.

Finally, the router will feature Synology’s updated router management interface called Synology Router Management 1.1 (SRM). Some new features brought about by SRM 1.1 include network mapping and real-time traffic analyzer.

no word yet on release date or availability

just hope this time they do some more beta testing and stick to a know working chipset that can compete with the other manufactures after the very average wifi performance of the rt1900ac

beaten by the poster above

pete

Last edited:
Looking forward to what they learned from V1 too. ;)

Looking forward to what they learned from V1 too. ;)

The guy I spoke to was one of their marketing guys, but it seems like they've had to eat some humble pie...
He of course tried to spin it all as a good thing with them now enabling a feature that "seamlessly" switches your devices from 5GHz to 2.4GHz if the signal is weak. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, as it seems like they really messed up the 5GHz Wi-Fi.

Wireless and USB slow speeds were fixed now on latest FW, most of the RT-1900AC reviews/tests using older FW versions are misleading users.

Last edited:
Cool!

Always wondered though - why not include the Router functionality as part of DSM and partner up with an ODM for an AP solution, managing the AP via DSM...

That would play to Synology's key strengths in a very big way...

Wireless and USB slow speeds were fixed now on latest FW version, most of the RT-1900AC reviews/tests are misleading users.

testing here on the 1900ac with the latest fw didnt improve anything its still a good 20% less on throughput at range

nothing misleading about it

That would play to Synology's key strengths in a very big way...
issue will be by the tine we see this actually released its wifi standard will again be old hat as was the 1900ac that came quite late to the 1900ac class race , they should have gone for the 2156M class design

I've enjoyed using my RT1900AC very much. Wireless performance actually beats my Asus AC68U. I for one, am looking forward to more networking products by Synology. In my environment and for the purposes I use it, it's almost been perfect.

Version: 1.0.3-6030-1
(2016/04/19)
  1. Adjusted transmission power settings for Synology Router in China.
  2. Updated the database of web-filter and traceroute.
  3. Fixed an issue where SRM might fail to get an assigned IP address from certain vendor’s DHCP server.

Last edited:
Oh its only for the china router marken? OK
Then the Version: 1.0.3-6030 should only be for the German market?

1. Modified transmission power settings according to feedback from Bundesnetzagentur in Germany.
Modified isn it the same as adjusted then?

1. Modified transmission power settings according to feedback from Bundesnetzagentur in Germany.

not in germany ether

they adjusted most of the countries early on even b4 the usa got it they had adjusted ours here in aust

the rt1900ac still remains a disapointment when compared to other 1900ac class routers wifi wise

but anyway we digress this is the new synology router thread and like i said i hope they do more homework this time and beta test the thing before release , would make a world of difference

Actually, I was told by Synology that 1.1b is out and that it's meant to add some new features and fix some issues, so maybe check in their beta section or something?

Oh its only for the china router marken? OK
Then the Version: 1.0.3-6030 should only be for the German market?

And you think the german FCC told them, hey your ouput power is too low, raise it. LOL

Most likely it was too high and they had to lower it, which means performance/range will drop.
The difference between a good and a great wireless router is the board layout.
Netgear sets the standards here, e.g. the R7000 had no problems with USB3 interference like Asus, which had to add hacks into their firmware.

Thus even if SRM is good and uses the same driver as netgear, with the same settings, it doesn't mean it will perform as good, unless the electrical design is of the same quality.

That was NOT the question, You misunderstand it.
I wondered if the FW was same customized for all countrys.